Director: Internal Audit Directorate - University of GhanaAuditing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University of Ghana at this moment invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position Director, Internal Audit Directorate to take effect from 1st August 2023.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT DIRECTORATE REPORTING TO: VICE-CHANCELLOR
The Director of Internal Audit shall, under the Vice-Chancellor be responsible for the internal audit of the accounts and financial transactions of the University.
Subject to the relevant statutes, the Director of Internal Audit reports administratively to the Vice-Chancellor and functionally to the Audit Committee of the University.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Director of Internal Audit shall:
- ensure the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective financial control system;
- vet all proposed expenditures to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements;
- conduct periodic examinations of the accounts of the University including limited financial and operational. units;
- monitor and ensure that all expenditures incurred have been authorised and are within budgetary provisions; (e) where required, conduct management audits and submit reports thereof;
- liaise with External Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings; (g) generally, be responsible for ensuring that the University complies with the Internal Audit Agency Act 2003 (Act 658) and relevant Acts and policies of the University; and (h) discharge any other assignments that the Vice-Chancellor shall deem necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES 1
- A good first degree, a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and membership of a professional Accounting/Auditing body with experience in public accounting and or auditing
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience, at least five of which should have been in a senior management position, with relevant industry experience
In addition, the applicant must have:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Considerable strategic and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of strategic and operational issues;
- High-level analytical skills and verifiable evidence of competence and leadership.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Director shall hold office for a period of four years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board to the University Council and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.