Mechanical Engineer: Surface Infrastructure - AngloGold AshantiEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Obuasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Engineer – Surface Infrastructure
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Engineer – Surface Infrastructure, is accountable for safely delivering the design, build, execution and commissioning of surface mechanical infrastructure on budget and on schedule.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Adhere to HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example at all times to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed to ensure tasks are performed without the risk of injury or harm to themselves, others and the environment.
- Establish the Mechanical Engineering team for the Surface operations, capable of supporting the role holder in executing the project construction deliverables.
- Review and confirm the accuracy of Bill of Materials.
- Develop and coordinate work packs with and for work crews.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Conduct cost estimation.
- Safely deliver Project Mechanical implementation, including installation and commissioning.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure the safe and timely delivery of project works, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Generate engineering reports, specifications, procedures and engineered solutions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create required documentation, drawings, process definition, procedures and manuals as required.
- Prepare progress reports and procurement updates for inclusion in weekly/monthly reports.
- Monitor progress, attend site meetings and represent AGA as required.
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Develop a commissioning plan for review and sign-off.
- Execute the Commissioning plan.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must have 10 – 15 plus years post-graduation in mechanical design and the implementation and execution of major processing plant and support services projects.
- Must have managed and directed project construction activities.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.