Physician Assistant - Planned Parenthood Association of GhanaHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), is an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). PPAG, a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) education, information and services in Ghana,in close collaboration with OXFAM, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
- DIRECTLY REPORT TO: SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the facility head
- Provide routine patient consultation on minor ailments, reviewing detention and admitted cases on ward rounds and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) issues including Family Planning counselling, HIV/AIDS management and treatment of STI’s and Post Abortion Care
- Provide SRHR education/information to patients and clients
- Ensure the effective overall running of the Clinic
- Manage emergency clinical cases.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist in providing curative and preventive health services in the clinic.
- Ensure the efficient use of clinical equipment and resources
- Prepare and follow an effective referral system, where necessary
- Refer cases to the appropriate facility, if necessary.
- Ensure that clinical reports are collated and submitted as required
- Collate and analyze service statistics to improve service delivery and programmes
- Ensure effective infection control in the clinic and adhere to quality of care (QoC)
- Supervise and ensure the effective implementation of SBCC activities in the clinic and the community
- Ensure that staff provide effective and efficient clinical services and service delivery
- Ensure that clients' and providers' rights are adhered to
- Liaise with other nurses and midwives to ensure that clinical standards are adhered to
- Attend meetings and training programmes as required
- Prepare Annual Work Plan and Performance Appraisal
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Physician Assistantship or any other higher related field with a minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience, 3 of which must be in a managerial or administrative position.
- Having an additional qualification in Mental, General or Midwifery Nursing is an added advantage.
- Very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Must be honest, transparent and reliable
- Must be friendly and accommodative
- High sense of responsibility, humour, judgmental and ability to take initiatives
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work for long hours and under pressure
- Ability to travel at short notice
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.