Director of Finance - Korle Bu Teaching HospitalFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Korle Bu Teaching Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Director of Finance for the Hospital.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes transactions for the Government of Ghana subventions and Internally Generated Funds (IGF)
- Prepares financial and management reports for operations Assists Sub-BMCs with their financial management responsibilities
- Prepares financial and other statements of accounts for Internal and external purposes Maintains financial information for management use for control purposes
- Advises and supports management in meeting its regulatory obligations in financial accountability
- Leads in the development and implementation of accounting systems with respect of
- Advises on information systems to meet the financial requirements of the Hospital
- Assists in the planning and monitoring of the Hospital’s performance
- Leads in the preparation and execution of the budget
- Assists in the recruitment and management of Human Resources for the Finance Directorate.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Management appointment is a fixed-term engagement for a limited period of four (4) years subject to renewal based on agreed performance standards. As a general requirement, applicants should be able to complete one (1) full term before retirement.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Summary of job function
- The successful candidate will be responsible for financial management policy, resource mobilisation, disbursement, financial accounting and reporting. He or she will also be responsible for managing the finances of the Hospital, including safeguarding the interest of the Hospital in all financial transactions relating to revenue and expenditure.
- The successful candidate will also be required to mobilise and disburse financial resources and provide or generate reports for management control and facilitate the implementation of efficient financial management systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- The applicant must have at least 15 years work experience as an accountant with at least five (5) years post-qualification experience as a Chartered Accountant in a senior management position
- Evidence of leadership and continuing professional development and training
- Have advanced skills in computer usage and hands-on experience in financial management applications
- Ability to establish networks within and outside the hospital and utilise this to achieve the hospital’s objectives and goals
- Have experience of multi-agency networking, project and budget management
- Have a broad knowledge base and experience of legal framework underpinning finance management of the Government of Ghana (GOG), Ministry of Finance (MOF) and other agencies
- Experience in Project financing, planning and appraisal etc.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.