European Union Communication Jobs In AccraCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The European Union Delegation to Ghana is looking for a Press & Information Officer to work in an international and multicultural environment. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. The jobholder will work to increase the visibility and public awareness of the European Union and the European Union Delegation in Ghana.
The place of employment is Delegation of the European Union to Ghana -The Round House – 81, Cantonments Road, Accra, Ghana.
Benefits, such as additional pension schemes and medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Increase the visibility and public awareness of the EU and the Delegation of the EU in Ghana;
- Raise the profile of the EU and the EU Delegation in Ghana through media including social media, communications and public diplomacy activities
- Develop the Delegation’s communication strategy and plan the activities of the year under the supervision of the hierarchy.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Design and implement the communication strategy of the EU Delegation in Ghana;
- Manage the Press & Information annual visibility budget of the EU Delegation and report to Headquarters;
- Prepare tendering procedures related to press & information activities;
- Focal point for Cultural activities at the EU Delegation;
- Maintain good and effective contacts with media, opinion leaders and journalists and also with the Cultural Attachés of all EU Member States Embassies in Ghana;
- Organize visibility events such as seminars, fairs, press conferences and others to further enhance EU visibility in Ghana;
- Plan and supervise cultural and public diplomacy events and campaigns;
- Supervise the implementation of digital communication plans to promote any kind of events organized by the EU Delegation;
- Coordinate the organization of yearly EU public events (Film Festival, Europe Day/week, etc.)
- Support the Cooperation Section with planning visibility activities related to projects and adjusting appropriate communication plans; Manage the inventory and storage of visibility items financed under the Press & Information budget;
- Accompany Delegation colleagues on mission within the country to ensure visibility of projects and incoming missions from Headquarters to ensure press coverage;
- Promote internal and external communications via the intranet and other internal channels;
- Lead digital campaigns with all relevant local partners;
- Monitor the digital communication via social networks and website of the EU Delegation;
- Manage the EU Delegation´s profiles across key social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube) and engage with audiences;
- Contribute to political reporting and others,
- Draft press releases, flash notes, articles, information for the media and the Internet, edit publications;
- Prepare speeches, briefings and speaking points for the Head of Delegation and the Head of Section;
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations in digital communications and make suggestions for new ways of promoting work and messages online;
- Propose answers to any specific question from the public on the role of the EU in Ghana;
- Assist the Delegation in any other key tasks as required by the Head of Section or Head of Delegation.
Qualification Required & Experience
- University Degree in Journalism, Communication or another related field
- Master’s Degree
- Any proven knowledge of local or international politic
- Knowledge of public procurement procedures
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in performing similar tasks
- Experience in managing social media accounts;
- Ability in video editing, infographics design and digital marketing;
- Experience in working in or with diplomatic missions and/or international organizations;
Moderating events (Master of Ceremony)
Knowledge of languages
Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.