Director of Procurement - SD Dombo UniversityPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Wa 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The SD Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT.
The Director of Procurement is the Head of the Procurement Directorate of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor through the Registrar for the provision of effective leadership and the promotion of good governance in accordance with the Regulations of the University.
He/she shall, among other duties, supervise the maintenance and updating of a proper database of suppliers, service providers, and consultants, prepare procurement plans for goods, works, and services for the University, assist in the process of advertising tenders and provide input for the formulation of procurement strategy for the University.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
A person seeking appointment as Director of Procurement must:
- Hold a minimum Master’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or other related disciplines;
- Have a recognized professional qualification in the field of Procurement;
- Have satisfactory performance as Deputy Procurement Officer in a university or its equivalent in an analogous Institution.;
- A minimum of 12 years post-qualification experience as a Procurement Professional in a reputable and practicing firm, industry, commerce, and/or public service with requisite experience in Public Procurement;
- Be a distinguished professional with the capacity to motivate and direct staff;
- Be above reproach and must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organizational skills; and
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good knowledge of the Public Procurement Act 2003, Public Financial Administration Act 2016, and other related legal frameworks;
- Evidence of ability to coordinate work of units, sections, or teams;
- Evidence of ability to initiate policies;
- Very good knowledge and understanding of university administration, governance systems, and structures;
- Very good IT skills and ability to use and adapt to customized Enterprise Resource Planning;
- Must be able to adapt to changes in government legislative directives and policies and apply the same in the discharge of duties;
- Must have effective negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Must have strong analytical skills;
- Must have strong leadership qualities and be committed to teamwork;
- Must be trustworthy; and
- Must be able to work for long and sustained hours.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment is Full-time. Applicants shall be required to serve at least a minimum of FOUR YEARS, prior to attaining the Compulsory Statutory Retirement Age of sixty (60)
Location: Wa, Upper West Region« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.