European Union Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In AccraAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The European Union Delegation to Ghana is looking for Secretary. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. The job holder will provide secretarial and logistical support to the Cooperation Section and other sections, as necessary.
The place of employment is Delegation of the European Union to Ghana -The Round House – 81, Cantonments Road, Accra, Ghana.
Benefits, such as additional pension schemes and medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for
- A team player, responsive and committed with a high sense of initiative.
- He/she should be a fast learner, very well organized, able to prioritize workloads and deliver accurately on short-term requests.
- Manage the calendar of the relevant Head of Section;
- Book meeting rooms, set up conference calls and take messages and minutes during meetings;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Answering and redirecting phone calls providing information;
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate section or individual;
- Draft notes, minutes and routine correspondence with the right layout and format.
- Ensure administrative quality checks for signature by the hierarchy before transmission of any document;
- Receive and route incoming correspondence, finalise and transmit outgoing correspondence;
- Ensure that incoming messages and correspondence are registered, correctly attributed and followed up respecting deadlines;
- Maintain the filing system so that information can be easily retrieved;
- Update regularly the section contacts Database (outlook);
- Assist mission performers in the section with the preparation of Mission Orders and Declaration of Expenses;
- Encode requests for official transportation in the relevant application and follow up on approval;
- Update and follow-up mission planning, absences and holidays in the shared calendar of the Section;
- Provide support to consultants working on EU projects regarding visa application;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organisation of internal and external events such as meetings, workshops, conferences and public events (booking location, invitations, catering, reception of guests, etc.)
- Assist in organizing missions for EU officials visiting Ghana;
- Ensure that the tools and logistics needs of the Section are covered by liaising with the administration section or the appropriate service providers;
- Manage functional mailboxes and handle messages as necessary under the supervision of the relevant head of section;
- Assist in the induction of new staff in the section;
- Ensure backup of other secretaries in the section in case of absences and provide secretarial support to other sections when required;
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks required by the Management.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Information and communication technology skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workloads
- Deliver accurate and quality work on short-term requests
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Team player
- Dynamic, motivated and responsible personality with a sense of initiative
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Responsive and multi-tasking
- Very discrete in the handling of information
- Adjustable to flexible working hours
- Strong customer-service abilities
- Thorough and attentive to details
- Flexible and easily adaptable to a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Eager to learn and develop new skills
Qualification Required & Experience
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma
- University Degree in Administration, Social Sciences or other
- Minimum 5 years in performing above mentioned
- Work experience with diplomatic missions or international organizations;
Knowledge of languages
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Knowledge of IT tools
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite and Internet-based applications
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.