Catholic Relief Services Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Tamale, Northern RegionSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will coordinate the implementation of all day-to-day logistics activities to ensure all programs and operations have the goods and services needed when they need them in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate commodity and logistics needs and challenges and the implementation of solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the supply chain team and relevant programming staff on logistics services that meet the pipeline requirements. Help identify challenges in supply chain management and provide recommendations to address those.
- Support the implementation of delivery operations from the arrival of goods in-country (or local purchase point) to the warehouses and on to the final distribution centres in accordance with CRS and donor regulations and international and local supply chain standards and requirements
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that the physical organization of items within the store/s is logical, optimizing space, clean and preserving accessibility of items.
- Ensure physical inventories are done on a regular basis. Collaborate and communicate with the procurement team to ensure they receive timely purchase requisitions with comprehensive specifications, delivery schedules, and other terms and conditions, including for labelling, branding, and marking.
- Provide regular coaching and support to CRS and partner staff and labourers to ensure they have the capacity to implement accurately, consistently, and transparently commodity logistics processes and to abide by security, safety, and health requirements.
- Help coordinate and supervise activities related to commodity receipt, transportation, distribution, and disposal. Liaise with surveyors, C&F agents, the Fleet, partners, and other parties to ensure the timely receipt and distribution of goods.
- Maintain updated files with all required logistics documents and ensure all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented. Prepare and/or review all reports prior to submission per distribution requirements.
- Provide weekly logistics reports to the Head of Office about the work progress and faced challenges to update the requester and project managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant degree preferred. Professional certifications(s) in supply chain or equivalent fields are strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the supply chain, logistics, and procurement management, preferably with an international organization.
- Knowledge of political dynamics along the chain, infrastructure, market knowledge, as well as related laws and regulations.
Required Languages - English
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to make independent judgements and decisions
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team environment
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Experience with commodity tracking systems is a plus.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships
Internal: Head of Operations, Head of Officer, Relevant Programming staff, Procurement Manager, Fleet Manager, Administrative Manager
External: Shipping Agents, Couriers Services (DHL), Ministry of Foreign Affairs« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.