Abt Associates IT Jobs In GhanaIT Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Ghana 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–the funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting the implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2023 IRS campaign.
Abt is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a temporary position of Data Entry Assistant (15 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 2 months. Candidates that live in any of the following districts will be preferred: Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri/Yunyoo-Nasuan (Nakpanduri), Tatale-Sanguli, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moagduri (Yagaba), West Mamprusi (Walewale).
Please note, the project will not hire individuals under the government payroll or employed by any other organization.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Responsibilities of Data Entry Assistant
- Enter data collected during the project activities into a project database.
- Perform regular and extensive data cleaning.
- Address data collection errors and perform regular data cleaning
- Generate and print various data reports from a database when requested
- File all completed data forms according to project data filing protocols
- Support relevant sessions of training for seasonal IRS workers on mobile data collection (MDC)
- Sync mobile data from tablets to the database and charge the tablets on a daily basis
- Provide ad hoc technical support to spray teams on mobile data collection
- Conduct data collection verification exercises in the communities when required
- Support verification and reconciliation of community mobilizer days worked/payments
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Diploma in computer science, data management or any other related field
- A certificate in DHIS2 is required (visit the following link for a free course on DHIS 2 and certification: https://academy.dhis2.org/)
- Experience in data entry and management is an advantage
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in English and one or more northern Ghanaian languages will be an advantage
- Comfortable using spreadsheet applications, such as MS Excel.
- Comfortable using, troubleshooting, and providing support on smart device usage.
- Comfortable with using the DHIS 2 system for data entry, cleaning and reporting (Previous experience in IRS activities is an added advantage)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.