CLMRS Field Assistant - International Cocoa InitiativeNGO Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) (www.cocoainitiative.org) is a multi-stakeholder organization, uniting the forces of civil society, certifiers, the cocoa and chocolate industry, and international institutions, and working with governments to address child and forced labour in the cocoa sector.
ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities. (www.cocoainitiative.org)
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Based at District-level, under the authority of the Country Director and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Project Manager the incumbent will:
- Ensure the liaison between ICI in Accra, regional stakeholders, and local authorities.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the guidelines and policies established by ICI Foundation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Collect, analyze and transmit all relevant information from the field to ensure regular reporting to the Country Director and Project Manager on project progress and prepare technical reports.
- Ensure proper set-up and roll-out of the CLMRS in the assigned geographical areas, specifically:
- Participate in the selection of the Community Facilitators (CF) where necessary
- Participate in the training of Monitoring and Remediation Assistants and CFs and organize field-level training logistics where necessary
- Provide ongoing technical support to partners' field staff and the CFs, ensuring that they fulfil their terms of reference
- Pro-actively monitor KPIs for the area under his/her responsibility and pro-actively work towards their improvement
- Support community-level awareness-raising sessions on child labour and forced labour
- Advise on remediation strategies and follow up on the implementation of remediation activities
- Support the implementation of ongoing forced labour projects in the district.
- Support the implementation of gender-sensitive cash transfers impact projects in the region.
- Support the implementation of a school kit impact study on child labour in the region.
- Organize the logistics around the field visits of ICI staff from Accra and Geneva or industry partners.
- Work on any other related tasks as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- Work experience – At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Academic background - University degree in Development Planning/Studies, Social Sciences, or other relevant disciplines, with at least.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE OR COMPETENCIES
- Programme development and monitoring, report preparation, and knowledge documentation.
- Experience working on rural development or cocoa supply-chain
- Experience in partnership development.
- Experience in working at the community level.
- Representational function.
- Knowledge of the cocoa sector and experience in activities related to the fight against child labour;
- Knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation processes and tools.
- Knowledge of information management tools and software.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A good team player, and ability to contribute to a cooperative work environment
- Adaptive to new innovations and must have a strong desire to learn
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of actors.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in remote environments and to keep a high level of motivation.
- Be pro-active.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office software products, in particular Word and Excel.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Ability to speak Twi (and French desirable)
- The position is based in the ICI’s project districts (with periodic travels to the Accra office).
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.