Vodafone IT Jobs In AccraIT Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Responsible for the delivery of a highly available service underpinned by proactive monitoring leveraging tools such as Nagios, OEM and End-User Experience tools.
Also responsible for support, maintenance, configuration and administration of business support systems across the Enterprise.
- Responsible for the BSS monitoring tools (work with system owners to setup various system parameters for monitoring)
- Responsible for monitoring all BSS solution's performance and total health to ensure maximum availability.
- Ensure services are available as defined by SLA.
- To provide expertise and strategic guidance.
- Work proactively and smart to avoid service interruptions, however, where interruptions occur, work assiduously to ensure services are resolved within SLA.
- Drive a cultural change towards innovation, speedy solutions and operations in line with Agile and DevOps.
- Provide the required support when required to other system owners and project teams to help them achieve their targets.
- Make recommendations for upgrades to existing applications and/or for the purchase of new or replacement applications.
- Manage all assigned systems end-to-end and ensure alerts, licenses, certificates and other dependencies are managed with the right stakeholders on time to avert avoidable service interruptions.
- Work with architects and infrastructure teams to ensure applications run on optimized platforms and escalate on time to avert service impacts to customers.
- Ensure a DR is set up for all assigned systems and ensure DR tests are conducted twice in a year to ensure systems are tested and ready to failover.
- Ensure documentation is received for any new systems handed over. Work with developers and BAs to put together documentation for the assigned systems you are currently working on.
- Responsible for keeping documentation updated at least once a year and after every upgrade or patching.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Core Competencies and Knowledge
- Very customer focused
- Minimum Supervision
- Minimum of 3 years experience in IT and related roles especially in Operations.
- Understanding of Monitoring Tools and Operations
- Alignment on monitoring tools evolution, roadmaps and new technology advances
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Analytical, with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Must be able to delegate when appropriate
- Coach to have a backup during the absence
Must-Have Technical/Professional Qualifications
- Degree or minimum HND or equivalent qualification in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related discipline /experience.
- Must have Application Support experience and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Project management capability
- Good understanding of monitoring technologies and IT solutions generally
- Experience in some of the following technologies:
- OS Layer: Unix / Linux / Windows /Android / iOS
- Transport Layer: TCP/IP Protocols
- Database: Oracle/ SQL
- Middleware: Oracle Fusion and others
- Application level: Java / XML/ Corba / IIS / Apache Tomcat
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.