World Health Organization Healthcare Jobs In AccraHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Advise on the development, implementation and evaluation of the national strategies and work-plans pertaining to the prevention and control of high threat diseases of pandemic & epidemic potential or infectious risks and the implementation of evidence-based strategies to manage infectious hazards, interventions in high-risks groups and recommend measures for special attention, ensuring compliance with organization-wide IHM strategies.
- In close collaboration with the risk assessment, health information management and other teams in HQ and the respective Regional Office, monitor the early prevention, detection, verification, assessment and investigation of any risks of outbreaks and the dissemination of data related to the occurrence of outbreaks.
- Adapt IHM global policies, concepts, tools and strategies and manage their implementation at the country level, for the prevention and, where feasible, elimination of diseases/epidemic risks. Work with partners, to improve approaches and methods of controlling epidemics in different epidemiological situations.
- Conduct the periodic reporting of infectious hazards activities, support the information systems and the monitoring facilitating integration with the national health information systems, as required.
- Contribute to the surveillance and risk analysis of infectious diseases; participate in the rapid response teams responsible for the rapid investigation of alerts, field risk assessments and early detection and response.
- Ensure that risk communication messages are technically sound and socio-culturally appropriate to induce, engage and empower stakeholders in the prevention, mitigation and control of infectious hazards.
- Make recommendations and give guidance on relevant courses of actions to be taken in affected as well as non-affected areas in order to prevent and/or control cause of excess morbidity and mortality.
- In close collaboration with other technical teams, provide technical assistance on vaccination, enhanced surveillance, infection control (including personal protection), enhanced sanitation and hygiene, increased provision of water and/or nutrients, prepositioning of drugs and medical supplies, vector control etc.
- Request the activation of technical experts networks at global or regional level to characterize the pathogen and the disease in case of unknown infection.
- Represent the Country Office at official meetings as needed.
- Perform any other related duties, as required by the functional supervisor..
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Essential: University degree in medicine, public health or health related field from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable: Specialized training in epidemiology. Specialized training in infectious diseases.
At least two (2) years of national professional experience in planning, developing and implementing the control and prevention of infectious diseases programme including outbreak prevention and control, infectious hazard management and/or dangerous pathogens. Relevant experience with the inter-agency mechanisms used to coordinate international preparedness for and response to health emergencies.
Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies; experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations. Experience in developing countries.
Knowledge of office software applications.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Promoting WHO's position in health leadership
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English language
Desirable: Knowledge of Local Language(s), Working knowledge of French or another WHO official language would be an asset.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
WHO offers staff in the National Professional officer category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at 238,928CEDI subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.