World Health Organization Healthcare Jobs In AccraHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Immunization is one of the key priority areas for the WHO Country Office for Ghana, the Ghana Health Service, and the Ministry of Health. WHO continues its technical support to the government at national and sub-national levels to reach the goals of the EPI Programme as outlined in the comprehensive Multi-Year Plan (cMYP) 2020-2024 and the Health Sector Medium Term Development Plan 2022-2025.
The overarching goal is to support the Ministry of Health, through the various agencies and levels, and relevant institutions in strengthening the capacities to build an investment case to support decision-making for new vaccines in collaboration with other partners and stakeholders. It is also to assess the impact of immunization interventions for the reduction of morbidity, mortality and disability resulting from vaccine-preventable diseases (VPDs), using a comprehensive life-course approach.
This aligns with the Immunization Agenda 2030 (IA 2030) and the Gavi Alliance Strategy 2021-2025 (Gavi 5.0) of improving equity and increasing access to vaccines. There is an increasing need to advise national immunization policy and programming as a mid-income country to innovate and prioritize high-impact interventions in the context of transitioning from external resources. There is a need for sustained quality technical assistance by the WHO to the MOH, GHS and partners.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Description Of Duties
The incumbent will have the following assigned responsibilities/duties:
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other partners to assess performance and help formulate required action/interventions to ensure improvement
- Conduct and update the situation analysis for the development, design and management of immunization-related programmes
- Support the application and implementation of accelerated disease control activities towards the achievement of eradication (polio), elimination (measles & rubella) and control of vaccine-preventable diseases
COVID-19 Vaccine Delivery
- Provide technical support and day to day coordination and collaboration with the EPI Programme, partners and other stakeholders on COVID-19 vaccination with a focus on vaccination among most disadvantaged populations and high risks communities
- Participate in monitoring of COVID-19 vaccination roll-out, including field site visits, identifying issues, solutions and priority actions with stakeholders. This includes technical support for developing and implementing digital tools and strategies for real-time monitoring.
- Provide technical support related to data management, analysis, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for COVID-19 vaccination
- Support and facilitate relevant trainings, orientation, workshops to build capacity of health workers, community members, partners on COVID-19 vaccination, including microplanning, community engagement outreach and monitoring.
- Support and participate in communications and visibility, collecting stories from the field, including human interest stories.
- Monitor COVID-19 vaccine registration, reception and track expiry.
- Support safety monitoring of COVID-19 vaccines.
New Vaccine Introduction
- Support implementation of studies to establish local level data and evidence on disease burden and other data including cost-effectiveness analysis to support new vaccine introduction
- Support the country to put together the country’s application documents to Gavi or any other supporting organization
- Provide technical support for the introduction of new vaccines including the development of introductory guidelines, capacity building, deployment monitoring, post-introduction evaluation etc
Impact studies on vaccines on the National Immunization Schedule
- Provide technical support to the EPI Programme to continue implementation of the malaria vaccine pilot including scale-up to other districts
- Support impact studies on new vaccines including vaccines for rotavirus diarrhoea and pneumonia
- Support implementation of studies to monitor in the impact of rubella-containing vaccines on congenital rubella syndrome in Ghana
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, document and share lessons learned/best practices for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity-building initiatives to enhance the competencies of stakeholders.
Advocacy, networking, and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with development partners, research institutions, academia and sub-national stakeholders through sharing of information and knowledge to enhance programme implementation and build the capacity of stakeholders
- Participate in the EPI coordination meetings to collaborate with the government and other partners on operational planning to integrate and harmonize WHO’s mission and strategies.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Advanced university degree in Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology, or Health Related Sciences
Diploma or Certificate in Vaccinology, Immunisation systems or related fields
- At least five (5) years of experience at the national and/or international level in the implementation of immunisation programmes. A previous working experience in low and middle-income countries will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated professional experience working at the country level providing technical advice and services to national counterparts, the Ministry of Health, and other external partners on planning, monitoring and evaluation of immunisation programmes including new vaccine introduction.
- Relevant experience in using data for decision-making and strong data management skills
- Experience in programme management and working with diverse teams
- Relevant work experience with WHO and/or UN agencies, and health cluster partners; experience working in relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Demonstrable experience in the management of Immunization systems and large-scale vaccination campaigns.
- Experience in applying, introducing, and evaluating new vaccine introduction, including coordination of vaccine effectiveness studies
- Experience working with National Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) and with the WHO will be an asset
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of planning, implementation, supervision, and monitoring of immunization services including large-scale vaccination programs in response to vaccine-preventable disease (VPD) outbreak
- Proven experience in providing capacity building on the use of immunisation data for decision making
- Presentation skills and competencies in communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to solve and explain technical issues and take part in training activities with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of WHO practices and procedures is an advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- Producing results
Excellent knowledge of English.
Working knowledge of local languages
WHO offers staff in the National Professional officer category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at 289,101.00 CEDI subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.