AngloGold Ashanti Engineering Jobs In ObuasiEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Obuasi 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Technician - Rail System.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Technician - Rail System is accountable for the maintenance, installation, repairs and servicing of all rail systems and another engineering task, through the application and control of maintenance and operations of Underground Rail Systems through the application of operational policies, standards, processes, and procedures to enhance safe production in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks to meet the business’ strategic objective.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Work compliantly with the requirement of the government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Adhere to the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Comply with and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of assigned job
- Must correct, or report to supervisor any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well as make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management
- Interface with contractors as directed and or the construction team regarding electrical work tasks for project work and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule, and expectations
- Attend training, development, and performance improvement training as required
- Maintain, install, repair and service all rail system as instructed.
- Escalate and report any anomalies
- Recognize any performance of rail system anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance/ repair and report same or escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Document all rail system activities carried out
- Perform maintenance, installation, repairs, and servicing of all rail system equipment while taking proactive measures to address or escalate symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary/Technical education level
- Must possess a minimum of Mechanical Engineering Technician Part II (MET II) or equivalent
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good engineering background with a minimum of three (3) years of working experience in rail systems.
- Experienced in rail system installation and maintenance
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.