Marie Stopes Ghana Healthcare Jobs In Eastern RegionHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Eastern Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG), a branch of MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights organisation in Ghana providing high quality, safe services, and advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has access to safe services when and where they are needed.
MSIG has a vacancy for a passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
Length of contract: Variable Contract (Renewable)
The Capacity Building midwife will contribute to the successful strengthening of the public sector in line with the Evolving Model strategy and values of MSIG as well as the goals of sustainability in accordance with the country’s national policy.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Partnership and Network Building
- Lead the capacity-building team in identifying health facilities in target areas for Service delivery.
- Create, nurture and maintain a good working relationship with GHS, opinion leaders, police and local partner organisations for effective collaboration.
- Encourage a commitment to accommodating clients' special needs such as flexibility in working hours, strict privacy and confidentiality to generate demand for MSIG/GHS services.
- Have a public relations and promotional role with colleagues, GHS and the general public. Identify appropriate training needs within your team and, in consultation with the Regional Manager, arrange for appropriate training and induction of new team members.
- Monitor monthly team results and in collaboration with the Regional Manager make appropriate recommendations to meet set targets.
- Support GHS providers to build capacity in Clinical services
- Professional management of client complaints and/or clinical incidents on the Site
- Adequate and timely requisition of items, stock management and record keeping
- Maintain a higher standard of clinical service at all PSS sites
- Ensure the entry of all service data into the GHS FP register and DHIMS as well as Orion
- Promote and maintain a congenial atmosphere, friendly, professional and efficient atmosphere towards all clients and GHS providers at all PSS sites to always ensure client satisfaction.
- Support GHS providers to adhere strict adherence to all GHS/MSI clinical quality standards to achieve the highest score in all QTA activities
Communication and Administration
- Keep and manage records of all CBT activities including minutes of team meetings.
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Conduct monthly team meetings and share minutes with the Channel lead and Regional Manager
- Ensure monthly summaries of service numbers are submitted to the respective District Health Directorates of GHS
- Develop monthly CBT site schedule and submit same to GHS sites one month before the visit
- Follow up on all client complaints relating to any of the GHS/MSIG services and make recommendations. Visit GHS District Health Directorates at least once a week to strengthen the working relationship
- Manage and properly account for all MSIG resources and properties in your possession
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a recognized clinical qualification in Midwifery.
- Must be registered with a recognized local clinical professional body in Ghana and of good Standing
- Must have the requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
Skills and Experience
- At least 1-year of post-graduation experience in a Midwifery position
- Experience working in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Excellent provider-client interaction skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana
- Must be multi-skilled
- Must have the requisite experience to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness and ability to do field work and interact with pre-test materials
Attitude and Motivation
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- A team player who can work on their own initiative and at longer periods.
- Customer-focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community
- Passionate about maternal health and the vulnerable
- Motivates team members to deliver high-quality service and results
- Self-motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.