Underground Mining Alliance Engineering Jobs In ObuasiEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Obuasi 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ a qualified, experienced person to fill the position of Maintenance Planner. This is an Obuasi-based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground maintenance planning and mine control while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Superintendent with a dotted reporting line to the Mine Foreman, the Maintenance Planner will ensure safe maintenance and management of fleet/machines movements and status. The incumbent teaming up with Mine Controllers will work closely with maintenance supervisors to ensure the availability of the equipment, reduction of associated costs, and utilization of current maintenance planning procedures to generate planned maintenance and major component repair cost budgets.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact on a continuous basis with the maintenance personnel, and production supervisors and assist with making good decisions to minimize downtimes and maximize productivity
- Work closely with the mining supervisors to ensure services machines are delivered to the workshop at the correct times
- Minimize shift delays and normal maintenance delays
- Ensure down reasons and comments are accurately recorded
- Book correct downtime and uptime of equipment
- Schedule daily equipment preventative maintenance service and socialize with Maintenance Supervisors;
- Hourly follow-up of all down machines and updates production supervisors
- Ensure all data collected and recorded are accurate and valid
- Promptly communicate any equipment maintenance requirement reported by operators to the maintenance team
- Complies with all EHS &T policies, procedures and directives which include correct use of safety devices, and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, hazard control and elimination and immediate reporting of injury and accidents which arises in the course of work
- Ensure key performance indicators are captured and reported for equipment reliability, departmental performance, planning and scheduling business flow process
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of BSc. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with at least five years of post-qualification working experience in Underground Mining and maintenance planning
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating license (C & E Classes) and can drive underground
- Possession of a Professional Certification in Maintenance and Reliability (CMRP) will be an added advantage
- Must have good knowledge of haulage and mine layout
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Previous experience working autonomously or with limited supervision in a mobile plant maintenance planning function
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Able to design and implement changes to processes that improve results and reduce cost and eliminate waste
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of preventative scheduled maintenance
- Willing to work extended hours to achieve tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be fluent in English and Twi Languages
- Previous mine control experience would be an added advantage
- Ability to work with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
- High attention to detail, strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills
- A positive and proactive attitude towards teamwork and safety
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.