Australian Trade and Investment Commission Sales / Marketing Jobs In AccraSales / Marketing Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This position, located in the Austrade office of the Australian High Commission in Accra, Republic of Ghana, plays a key role in identifying, developing and promoting business opportunities in Ghana and West Africa for Australian companies. The primary focus for this position will be leading the Austrade team in Ghana to help promote Australian capabilities to Ghana and West Africa and support the Australian company's export to West Africa in sectors of responsibility.
Together with Trade Commissioner Africa and the Business Development Manager (BDM) Accra, the Senior Business Development Manager, Accra is also responsible for supervising, guiding and reporting on the work of the contractor “Commercium Africa” currently trading as “Naijalink”, as they provide a limited level of support to Australian companies interested in the Nigerian market.
As a senior member of the team, this role is also required to contribute to the broader market strategy and business plans of the Austrade Africa Team, work with other colleagues in the High Commission to assist Australia’s Economic and Commercial Diplomacy (ECD) agenda as well as manage and mentor the BDM Accra position.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support your Trade Commissioner for Africa manager, and Head of Mission Accra to deliver Austrade’s objectives in Ghana and broader west Africa. This includes the development of strategic sector plans, marketing plans and initiatives, mentoring the BDM Accra position and supervising the allocation of tasks within the Austrade Accra team, and working with your team and other Austrade Africa and High Commission colleagues to resolve complex issues.
- Work with your Trade Commissioner manager to lead your team in the effective delivery of trade advice, services and outcomes for sectors of responsibility. Specifically:
- Work with Global Engagement Managers (GEMS) in Australia and Austrade’s global teams to deliver targeted services to high-potential and high-impact export clients.
- Assess and service other clients on a case-by-case basis, in consultation with the Trade Commissioner of Africa.
- Contribute to the development of Austrade’s digital services, allowing the latest market insights and updates to be shared widely among Australian businesses.
- Lead your Team in delivering the following services to Australian business clients:
- Tailored research and advice on market conditions, opportunities and market entry strategies.
- Active monitoring and advice on the evolving regulatory environment in Ghana and West Africa relevant to each client.
- Liaison on behalf of clients with potential in-market partners and customers.
- Advice on and assistance with promotion and marketing strategies.
- Coordination of client visit programs and in-market support in accordance with Austrade’s Client Service Policy.
- Lead your Austrade Accra team in undertaking market research and analysis to identify market trends for existing and emerging business opportunities for Australia in sectors and sub-sectors of responsibility.
- Provide coaching to team members, ensure team members understand their role, utilise Austrade systems effectively, and adhere to Austrade policies in carrying out their work.
- Collaborate with Austrade Africa and High Commission Accra colleagues and other Australian Government partners in planning, coordinating and delivering visits to Ghana and West Africa by Federal and State Government Minister’s and any associated business or trade missions as required.
- Lead your team in developing and maintaining strong relationships, partnerships and networks within sectors of responsibility including government, industry associations, key industry players and potential investors.
- Maintain Austrade standards and policies, including diversity in the workplace, ethical practice and compliance with audit requirements.
- Uphold Australian Public Service (APS) Values, Employment Principles and Code of Conduct and Work Health & Safety (WHS) principles at all times.
For more detailed information please view the Job Information Pack.
To be eligible for consideration and appointment you must have:
Work Authorisation - to be eligible for employment with Austrade in Ghana, candidates must be legally authorised to live and work in Ghana at the time of appointment.
Language - the successful candidate must be a highly motivated team member, fluent in written and spoken English.
Security Clearance - the successful applicant must be willing to complete an Entry Level Screening Pack and be confirmed as a suitable person to access Government resources prior to commencement in the
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.