Newmont Mining Corporation Engineering Jobs In Brong Ahafo RegionEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
About This Role
- To operate the process circuits and mobile equipment of the Ahafo Process plant in a safe and competent manner, whereby optimum production is achieved.
In This Role, You Will
Process Plant Operations
- Operate all process plant circuits independently to achieve daily targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for circuits including crushing, grinding, Carbon In Leach (CIL), elution, counter current decantation, thickeners, tailings, reagent mixing, water services and gold room operations.
- Monitor and record the operating performance of the processing circuit and make appropriate changes to ensure that optimum production is achieved.
- Troubleshoot equipment and circuit performance when operating outside of normal range.
- Inform the Supervisor of any changes that may affect optimum production.
- Monitor and inspect the process plant equipment to ensure its correct operation and performance.
- Maintain a high housekeeping standard in each of the process circuits.
- Work with the metallurgical team to ensure the optimum metallurgical performance of the process plant.
- Work with the maintenance team to achieve efficient process plant equipment performance and availability.
- Operate heavy equipment to support routine and nonroutine work, including and not limited to 966 & 930 loaders, bobcats, forklifts, excavators, liner handlers, dozers and overhead cranes to ensure the efficient running of the various circuits.
- Perform additional non-routine duties during shutdowns.
- Participate and contribute to the development and review of the Process Operations Short Term Planning (STPs).
- Conduct thorough shift handover, detailing all relevant information correctly and detailing all information in various logbooks and reports relevant to the incoming shift/crew.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the process plant operation.
- Maintain an understanding of monthly production targets and progress.
- Operate two-way radio communications clearly and concisely with Foremen, Maintenance Personnel, other Operators and Senior Staff and follow instructions given.
- Respond to inquiries and instructions in an efficient and timely manner.
- Complete all tasks identified in the Processing Operations Management Operating System (MOS) Elements to the specified quality and timeliness as assigned to this role.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Plan own activities on a shift-by-shift basis according to allocated process plant production schedules.
- Accomplish work objectives by following and executing on assigned process plant production schedule.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Maintain high health, safety and environmental awareness.
- Monitor own and peers’ adherence to health and safety measures, protocols, production parameters and standards.
- Report any deviation from established health and safety measures and protocols to the Process Supervisor.
- Adhere strictly to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices by:
- wearing mandatory protective clothing and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- reporting and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
- proactively participating in safety meetings and promotes safe working practices.
- strictly adhering to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Short Term Plannings (STP’s), work policies and security procedures.
- actively partaking in hazard identification and correction.
- reporting environmental spills immediately and taking appropriate action to prevent contamination.
- attending all safety meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior School Certificate Examination
- Possess an E-Class driver’s license.
- Having a Mincom Process/Equipment Operations Certificate of Competence will be an added advantage.
- As a minimum, declared competent in the following Metalliferous Courses (Citi and Guilds):
- MNMPRD104A – Conduct Pump Operations.
- MNMPRD105A – Conduct Valve Operations.
- Successful completion of other Metalliferous courses (Citi and Guilds) is preferable.
- Working knowledge of processing plant equipment.
- Working knowledge of process operations, particularly crushing, Semi Autogenous Grinding (SAG) – Ball Mill Grinding, Leach / Carbon In Leach (CIL), Elution, Reagents and Tails Operation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum of 5 – 6 years operating experience in a gold processing plant, of which a minimum of 3 – 5 years experience should be in a Process Plant Operating environment.
- Process plant commissioning experience will be an added advantage.
- Good technical problem-solving skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Good operating and troubleshooting skills.
- Good analysis and interpretation skills.
- Good communication (written and verbal in English) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to direct others to maintain the required output expected of an operating circuit.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common operational safety signage and directions.
- Ability to handle and coordinate multiple concurrent activities.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.