Puma Energy Purchasing/Procurement Jobs In AccraPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Ensure the business has a timely supply of goods and materials it requires
- Demonstrate value for money for the company in the country when money is being spent with suppliers
- Apply Puma Energy’s Procurement processes ensuring all necessary controls, approvals and reporting are carried out in the country
- Planning, Operations and Monitoring
- Work with regional and global procurement category managers to ensure all procurement activities (processing requisitions, creating purchase orders, spot purchases, tenders, negotiation, expediting supply, supply market intelligence, benchmark) related to his/her country are carried out to meet the business requirements
- Proposes, negotiates, and ensures the appropriate Procurement Service Levels to the business within the country, including cost benefits objectives
- Monitor and report Procurement KPIs which come from the FISP for his / her country (e.g. savings, number of tenders) to the General manager and the country management team
- Is responsible for controlling the supplier’s payment terms under the Procurement scope
- Leads initiatives pursuing optimization of the Total Cost of Ownership, establishing plans, directions and controls
- Perform price benchmark to ensure that Puma Energy prices are consistent or better than the market
- Sourcing and Negotiation
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Validates country targets and consolidates the country’s negotiations to ensure the best costs/benefits for the company
- Lead multi-discipline teams in charge of negotiations for his / her country
- Creatively explore different alternative approaches in negotiation agreements to achieve the most significant cost reduction for Puma Energy
- Identify, propose and lead savings initiatives related to
- Technical requirements (e.g. standardization, value engineering)
- Volumes (e.g. consolidation / rationalization)
- Vendors market (e.g. new vendors sourcing)
- Price (e.g. payment terms, warranty, lump-sum, life cycle)
- Work with Regional and Global category managers to implement regional and global negotiations within the country and evaluate the local impact of the company’s procurement policies
- Propose, validate, initiate and follow up vendor qualification requests (KYC)
- Build/maintain a network of contacts and develop strong and demanding country relationships with suppliers
- Represents Puma Energy to suppliers, ensuring suppliers know what is expected of them and markets the opportunity for suppliers to supply Puma Energy.
- Selecting suppliers and contracting
- Define/propose short lists of vendors for RFP or for RFQ
- Pilot and organize RFQ
- Negotiate commercial terms of contracts
- Ensures that the outcomes of negotiation are translated into contracts (Frame Agreements)
- Cooperation with the Legal department for all contracts
- Manage contracts/issues (e.g. vendors dispute, invoices, warranty) in close cooperation with stakeholders
- Monitor and report on the contract’s performance and savings
- Organize contract reviews during the execution of contract/return on experience at the end of the contract
- General Management
- Be the primary point of contact for the country relating to all non-oil procurement activities supporting the general management team
- Assure implementation of Procurement policies, programs and procedures, and provide guidance and advice to the business and country management
- Have a clear understanding of functional areas challenges and opportunities regarding Procurement matters to provide guidance and advice in decision-making processes
- Understanding the main difference in business activities and processes at Puma Energy (e.g. Retail, Maintenance, Operations, Aviation, etc.)
Skills And Competencies
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business
- Recommendable Master degree
- Ideally Oil & Gas industry experience in mid-stream and in multi-site retailing
- Business acumen, capable of understanding business/marketing strategies
- Min 5 years Procurement experience (Recommendable 2-3 years management experience and/or 2-3 years in operations or sourcing/supply chain role)
- Ability to manage commercial relationships with Suppliers at the local level
- Mature leadership and excellent organization, negotiation and project management skills
- Problem solver, team player and can deal effectively with people who hold opposing views, tolerate conflicts and ambiguity
- Communicates effectively, is a persuasive speaker and a good listener
- Good knowledge of Finance for Project Evaluation
- Basic functional expertise in ERP systems
- Working knowledge of legal matters relating to Procurement
- Able to accurately manage high levels of data
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical working in line with the Puma Energy Code of Conduct
- English required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Managing and carrying out Procurement activities across a wide range of categories and for all internal departments
- Ensure regional and global category managers understand business requirements relevant to the country and those procurement strategies are fit for purpose for the country
- Creatively explore different approaches in negotiation agreements to achieve the greatest cost reductions for Puma Energy
- Align objectives with different functional areas, mainly with Operations, Maintenance and Retail
- Ensure appropriate Procurement Service Levels to the business within the country for the procurement process, quickly adapting to changes
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Internal- Country General and Finance Managers, Country management team and their teams, Procurement category managers, Procurement functional leaders« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.