Ashesi University Accounting Jobs In Eastern RegionAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Eastern Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Finance and Operations Officer at Ashesi University will focus on accounts payable and reporting, as well as support with related operations duties. The position requires someone with a proactive attitude excellent numeral (most importantly the use of Excel), and communication skills (both oral and written). Great interpersonal skills and a strong sense of ethics are vital to succeeding in this position.
This role works closely with the EduCollab Director and Senior Operations Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Edu Collab Director, the Finance and Operations Support Officer will specifically undertake the following activities:
- Received, reviewed, and processed all incoming invoices, cheque requests and expense reports for appropriate documentation prior to payment.
- Prepare fund requests for the processing of payments.
- Prepare honour certificates and expense reports as needed.
- Maintaining copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of the Education Collaborative annual budget.
- Assist in the reconciliation of monthly and annual transactions.
- Organize and maintain vendor files so that information is easily retrieved and intact for the annual audit.
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliation of all project accounts.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual reports related to the role.
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Director of The Education Collaborative
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Operations and Administrative
- Support the Senior Operations Coordinator with related operational and administrative tasks as seen below:
- Develop and prepare relevant meeting minutes and summaries to be used.
- Manage the setup of virtual meetings for the team
- Assist in reviewing consortium membership applications and providing support in the enrollment process
- Any additional assignments by the Director asrelatedto the role. These will be discussed and confirmed as related to this role before being assigned
- Intermediate understanding of accounting concepts and Applications in business.
- Excellent MS Excel spreadsheet skills, conversant with the use offormulas, functions, charts, and use of advanced tools such as formula auditing, and pivot table reports.
- Knowledge of modern cloud accounting software such as Xero, QuickBooks, and or general knowledge in digital applications for business etc.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and ability to articulate clearly, confidently and professionally to stakeholders including students.
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Creates and promotes open communication.
- Excellent attention to detail, a proactive approach to achieving key results, and a high level of thoroughness.
- Dynamic self-motivated individual with evidence of innovation and initiative.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and earn trust to source required data and information.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to transform theoretical knowledge into practical, real-world situations.
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce clear and concise feedback/reports to supervisors.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Understanding of the need for confidentially of information associated with third-party data.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, math/finance or related discipline and at least two years of related experience after national service. A combination of professional qualifications and experience is also acceptable.
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in the use of information technology applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with digital accounting and analytical tools
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement and accounts payable processes.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.