Zipline IT Jobs In AccraIT Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need when you need it. Through our technology which includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
About You and The Role
Do you get excited about working with data that will be used to ensure that our operations are safe and efficient? The Data Processing Team focuses on translating data points into a form that can be used by other teams to improve safety and efficiency. Engineers at Zipline then use this data to plan flight paths that are safe and efficient. If you enjoy working with large volumes of data and you enjoy performing duties that need attention to detail then this position is for you.
What You'll Do
In your first month, you will:
- Be responsible for photogrammetric processing of UAV imagery and Satellite data to generate photogrammetry outputs, including a DSM, orthomosaic, and point clouds
- Train on how to perform quality control of photogrammetric outputs
- Construct flight routes that successfully navigate around any identified hazards
- Perform quality control on geospatial datasets to ensure data meets accuracy requirements
- Prepare and ingest UAV datasets into Zipline’s flight planning system
Within 3 months you will:
- Bring on new delivery sites by using in-house tooling to develop flight routes to new sites.
- Track production progress across multiple Zipline Distribution Centers.
- Continuously identify and implement ways to expand, improve, and streamline the tooling and systems used to bring on new delivery sites.
By 6 months, you will:
- Track productivity and measure the output of the team against ambitious goals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What You'll Bring
You will be required to have experience in some of these areas:
- Experience working with Digital Elevation Models, Orthophotography and Lidar Point Clouds
- Good understanding of projections/datum
- Experience with UAV datasets
- Experience with remote sensing: able to identify and extract features from raster imagery using a combination of manual and automated means
- Strong working knowledge of GIS tools such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Global Mapper, and GDAL
- Strong computer literacy: comfortable using command-line tools, able to install the software.
- Excellent data management skills: act as a data steward for a variety of spatial datasets that are used across multiple groups within the company.
- Ability to prioritize multiple work streams and data analysis requests.
- Able to be prolific, efficient, and fast in order to meet demanding timelines and last-minute needs
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to get stuff done, no matter what the hurdles are
- Remote sensing background
- Experience processing UAV-collected imagery into Digital Surface Models and Orthomosaics
- Comfortable using BASH terminals
- Familiarity with git
- Python experience will be a plus
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.