African Center for Economic Transformation Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In GhanaAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Ghana 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
ACET is seeking to recruit a Director of Research. Reporting to the Senior Director – Research, Policy and Programs, the Director for Research will lead thought leadership and implementation of the ACET research portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research & Analyses
- Have oversight for ACET’s economic management and governance portfolio. This will include managing staff and overseeing fellows working on the economic management and governance programmes and ensuring alignment with the ACET five-year Strategy and Theory of Change. Key programmes will include:
- The Country Economic Transformation Outlooks
- ACET’s update of growth with DEPTH framework
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Public finance management and domestic resource mobilization]
- In collaboration with the Chief Economic Advisor lead the development of ACET’s flagship report – the African Transformation Index.
- In collaboration with the Director of Policy and Programmes lead the development of a policy research program, that is aligned to the ACET five-year Strategic Plan.
- Contribute to the design of new ACET programs, initiatives and projects to ensure a strong technical grounding.
- Set quality standards for ACET’ research in consultation with the Senior Director, Research, Policy and Programs and Chief Economic Advisor and ensure all ACET research meets the quality standard
- Ensure the ACET economists and other technical team are kept up to date with economic trends in Africa and use it to inform transformation analysis in Africa.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of a database of outstanding research analysts, economists and sector specialists across Africa and globally that ACET can draw upon
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Development & Supervision of Research Team
The Director will directly supervise economists in ACET and teams involved in economic management and governance programs. This will include:
- Assigning projects to ACET staff and consultants and managing programs to ensure effective delivery.
- Identifying future human resource needs and skills within the Research Team and working with HR to fill positions.
- Working with the management team and HR to strengthen ACET’s database of consultants and researchers
- Effective management of the research team – including supporting career development of junior staff.
Resource Mobilization and Portfolio management
The Director will:
- Work with resource mobilization colleagues to identify and develop project proposals.
- Effectively manage the cost of all proposals to ensure ACET meets its cost recovery targets.
- Develop and oversee policies, procedures, workplans and budgets for the research team.
Publications and Reports
The Director will be required to contribute articles and papers for publication by ACET as well as contributing articles, blogs, policy notes by ACET partners. They will also mine past reports to inform the development of knowledge products and policy briefs
The Director will be required to represent ACET (in person and virtually) and serve as a spokesperson for ACET on growth and DEPTH issues and on the economic management and governance portfolio.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree (PhD) ideally in Economics (with emphasis on Growth, International Trade, Development, or Macroeconomics, particularly public finance)
- A minimum of 12 years experience with at least 7 years of post-PhD policy-relevant working experience/ senior management experience
- Proven experience in research with a strong record of publications in referred journals
- Relevant professional experience in macroeconomic or growth policy analysis and advice, preferably gained with a development-oriented institution.
- Proven experience in the formulation of country development strategies
- Extensive experience and a proven track record of effective people management and team leadership
- Extensive experience and proven track record of programme management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intellectually curious
- Strong competence in modern econometrics
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Good working knowledge of French will be an advantage
- A strong track record of working with clients and being results-oriented, with strong analytical skills and a keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, time management and quality control
- Commercially minded with a proven track record of successful resource management and effective project management
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure
- Ability to handle both strategic and administrative tasks and issues
This position can be a remote location post. If the successful candidate is based outside Ghana, Accra, they will be offered a fixed-term consultancy contract.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position for which the successful candidate will be contracted on a two-year basis. A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity.
For people in Ghana, the person will be engaged on a 2-year staff contract. If remote working or an expat living in Ghana, the person will be engaged on a 2-year fixed-term consultancy contract.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.