Newmont Mining Corporation Driving Jobs In Brong Ahafo RegionDriving Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To operate grader to deliver daily maintenance of haul roads, digging and dumping floors in a safe and controlled manner.
In This Role You Will
Grader Truck Pre-Shift and On-Shift Activities.
- Attend all pre-shift instruction meetings.
- Communicate with and receive instruction from the Shift Supervisor and follow the specified instruction and working plan, prior to the execution of activities.
- Understand the grading plan and haulage roads that need to be graded and the designated location of operation.
- Conduct work assessments and risk assessments and install controls (i.e. signage and communications), prior to grading.
- Perform pre-start checks on the graders and log results onto the JIGSAW system.
- Assess the working area to be graded to ascertain the material needed.
- Follow laid-down grading procedures and instructions.
- Run grader machinery according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and standard task procedures (STP’s).
- Observe reference sticks and hand signals and drive the grader methodically to level the road surface to the specified grade.
- Perform rough and / or fine grade finishing by methodically mixing and spreading materials to dry and prep haul roads.
- Construct road surface to precise grade specifications.
- Maintain drainage catchments on either side of haul road.
- Assure that all haulage roads are motorable.
- Clear foreign rock on an ad hoc basis.
- Uphold Quality Assurance / Quality Checking standards.
- Signal Dispatcher on the two-way communication radio to inform of any detected machinery defects or issues.
- Report and escalate all accidents and incidents occurring in the shift immediately to the Dispatcher / Supervisor.
- Raise any mechanical malfunctions or service requirements to maintenance/dispatch/supervisor before, during or after the shift.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning to assure the continued smooth operation of the grader.
- Meet and/or exceed established performance expectations set by management.
- Assist in developing peers to perform quality excavating duties.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Grader Post-Shift Handover
- Conduct post-shift inspections regarding hazards and defects identified and communicate these to Dispatch / Supervisor and the incoming operators for the smooth running of Operations.
- Communicate and provide work status handovers to incoming Grader Operators.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement
- Communicate with Dispatch via two-way radio.
- Communicate any machinery defects to dispatch.
- Maintain communications between Dozers, shovel, loader and Truck Operators.
- Ensure own grading shift work meets established statutory standards.
Health and Safety Management
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and legislation.
- Operate the grader in a safe manner and take steps to prevent minimal wear and tear and / or damage to equipment.
- Work without risk or harm to others.
- Inspect work areas and ensure all areas comply with internal Newmont and external regulatory standards.
- Adhere strictly to internal Newmont grading standards and procedure.
- Maintain a strong focus of safety throughout all activities.
- Provide hands-on assistance during grading activities to fellow colleagues to ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Attend daily morning safety meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Senior High School Certificate.
- Mineral Commission Operators License.
- Drivers’ License.
- Knowledge of road construction materials, processes and industry standards.
- Sound understanding of computerised controls and electronics.
- Sound understanding of issues involving ground disturbances.
- General understanding of grades.
- General knowledge of graders and other heavy equipment.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ grading experience in a construction/civil environment.
- Experience in working within an active open pit mine is preferable.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
- Incumbent occasionally has to work overtime.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.