Mastercard Foundation Communication Jobs In AccraCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
In Africa, the Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, and is currently building broader continental partnerships to enable opportunities for young women and men. In Canada, the Foundation works in partnership with Indigenous communities, post-secondary institutions, and organizations across Canada to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways.
Within Africa and Canada, the Foundation works with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
The EleV strategy of the Canada Program was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations. As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative, ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth.
In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people are the drivers of this transformation. The program promotes innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Young Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
CONTEXT – COUNTRY PROGRAMS PORTFOLIO
The Foundation has evolved its programmatic approach in Africa across three distinctive but integrated approaches to drive integrated impact across our ecosystem, namely, Country Programs, Pan African Programs and Human Capital Development. The Country Programs portfolio will drive impact at the country level emanating from implementing country roadmaps across Young Africa Works countries – Ghana, Nigeria, WAEMU, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, and Uganda.
The respective country roadmaps, developed through diagnostic studies and in consultation with key stakeholders in each country, including young people, government, and the private sector, focuses on sectors with the biggest prospects to create dignified and fulfilling work opportunities for 30 million young African women and men by 2030.
Reporting to the Head, of Programs Communication, Country Programs, the role will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the Programs Communications Team and collaborating with other teams within Public Affairs and Communications and Foundation colleagues to support the delivery of Team and Enterprise objectives.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Head of Programs Communications, Country Programs including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; monitoring and managing email correspondence; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence while maintaining confidentiality; attending select meetings, taking notes, capture action items, and ensure follow through.
- Coordinating activities of Programs Communication Team, Country Programs, including reporting, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, logistics and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Lead follow-up of key action items, ensuring that the team is supported and prepared for internal and external engagements and that work runs effectively and efficiently.
- Lead scheduling of all activities, meetings and events related to the work of the team. Support organization of Public Affairs and Communications team activities and events, liaising with appropriate team members to ensure effective and efficient delivery.
- Support with compiling reports relevant to the work of the team. This includes campaign and media reports and dissemination of same.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all enquiries related to Programs Communications, Country Programs. Respond to queries, working with relevant members of the team promptly and politely.
- Manage agenda, take, and disseminate minutes at team meetings. Create, maintain, and update the organization of files and records for the team.
- Facilitate internal communication within the team.
- Maintain organization of the database, shared network drives and SharePoint sites.
- Build, liaise and sustain relationships with employees, external stakeholders, and general public to facilitate the work of the team.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
WHO YOU ARE
- You have excellent planning, organizing and time management skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You are detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work consistently and effectively.
- You demonstrated the ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You have demonstrable emotional maturity and adopt proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- You are a highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365, and SharePoint).
- You hold a college diploma or a first degree.
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role or a role that allowed you to demonstrate resourcefulness, problem-solving, excellent planning and to put your organizing skills to work.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.