Environmental Justice Foundation Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Cape Coast, Central RegionAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Cape Coast, Central Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is a UK-based non-governmental organisation working to secure a world where natural habitats and environments can sustain, and be sustained by, the communities that depend upon them for their basic needs and livelihoods. EJF is dynamic, agile and effective, and the team works across 13 countries in Africa, Asia and Europe.
EJF is working to eradicate illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing and associated issues, such as human rights abuses. To do this, we work with governments and industry to promote transparency and traceability within seafood supply chains and markets. We conduct detailed investigations into illegal, unsustainable and unethical practices and actively promote improvements to policy-making, corporate governance and the management of fisheries along with raising awareness among consumers to incentivise market-driven solutions.
EJF’s global team also work on a range of other campaigns where environmental insecurity impact human rights. These include climate, forests, cotton and activist training. More information can be found at https://ejfoundation.org. In Africa, EJF has projects in Ghana, Liberia, Cameroon, and Senegal.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In Ghana, EJF is leading a consortium of NGOs to implement a NORAD-sponsored project which goal is to achieve a resilient and sustainable ocean economy through inclusive, strong, and effective capacity, planning and management of coastal ecosystems.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant who is eager to join a team working to protect the marine environment and the livelihoods of fishers. They will be exposed to an experienced and talented team of professionals working within an international NGO at the cutting edge of efforts to protect people and the planet—an ideal platform for future advancement in the sector.
The Administrative Assistant will perform a wide variety of operational, logistical, and administrative transactions and office functions, supporting senior staff. This will contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the Ghana office.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist senior staff in corresponding with agencies and persons, by preparing draft letters and arranging for their dispatch and delivery.
- Assist with the organisation of workshops, meetings, community events and training activities including the booking of venues, preparing invitations and liaising with guests and transportation arrangements—ensuring the best possible economic value in doing so.
- Assist with internal correspondence such as office orders, minutes of meetings, memos etc.
- Assist in the preparation of administrative and financial documentation related to all project activities.
- Schedule meetings, set appointments and take care of meeting details of senior staff.
- Assist with visibility activities relating to the NORAD grant.
- Prepare for travel arrangements and/or hotel accommodation of visiting international and local staff on field visits and ensure effective communication of travel/transport arrangements to assigned drivers--securing the best economic value in doing so.
- Update calendars and the office notice board of staff travels and time away from the office such as work trips and holidays/leave.
- Ensure the regular supply of material/equipment such as stationery, electricity, water, internet data and other consumables in the office.
- Maintaining the vendor list and assisting in sourcing of quotations and invoices for procurements.
- Scanning of financial documents such as vouchers, invoices, and receipts into digital formats.
- Perform any other tasks as may be required.
Required Skills or Experience
Required Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in a relevant field.
- A first successful professional experience in a similar position, particularly, and experience in international development, or another related sector, project administration is preferred.
- Good knowledge of the Central Region context (local administration, local market and suppliers etc.), and the Cape Coast area in particular.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good verbal and written communication, particularly in English
- Problem-solving/ solution-oriented
- Ethical, responsible, enthusiastic
- Strong organisational skills
- A good team player
- Good interpersonal relations, tolerant and able to work with cross-cultural teams
- Computer literate, particularly with Excel
- Interest in developing a career in the environmental or human rights sector
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.