Road Freight Commercial Centre (RCC) Lead - DHLSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Connecting People. Improving Lives.
We are seeking a Road Freight Commercial Center (RCC) Lead who will be expected to Manage supplier procurement and establish as well as manage Road Freight Rate Card System and provide competitive pricing to internal and external customers.
- Owns and maintains Country Road freight Tariffs with carriers on agreed validity
- Understanding and Managing of costing Structure of Road Freight Supplier
- Manage contract with all suppliers, establish regular carrier meetings and ensures that these are conducted for all key carriers
- Drive best pricing solutions in order to maximize the profitability of Road freight. Negotiate and procure the best rates in the market
- Review existing pricing rates and policies with carriers and networks to initiate updates and changes based on market trends/current business requirements and maintain strong relationships with them
- Manage and keep transport supplier (buying) register up to date.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Execution of global procurement strategy and decisions (rates, process, etc.)
- Monitors carrier/ station performance and initiates corrective actions.
- Increase the number of winning bids through accurate & competitive completion of Road Freight estimate requests
- Ensure product profitability by managing customer selling rates and supplier buying rates
- Maintain a minimum 50% hit ratio for all ad-hoc bids and RFQs
- Improving carrier base in the country by a minimum of 100% in the first year and 25% YOY
- Development and Implementation of a Rate Card Model for domestic and cross-border Road Freight
- Ensure domestic and cross-border rates are input into the rate management system and validate it for Auto costing, quotations and auto rating
- Standardize the costing Model to ensure quick and effective turnaround timings on pricing requests
- Determine profit margin, and support and follows up with Sales, Sales Support and Customer Service
- Source and Provide Spot Rates to Sales, Customer Service and customers for all types of cargo to be moved by road
- Follow-up with internal and external customer requests for quotes & pricing.
- Follow-up on all estimates that have been submitted to customers
- Maintain proactive communication/relationships with colleagues and managers
- Maintain and keep estimate/bid register up to date
- Supply Month End number of estimates completed won and lost to Head of Road Freight
- Assist in rate disputes where necessary
- Use of Quote shop for 100% enquires
- Develop and execute trade-lane management, marketing and capacity overview
- Comply with company quality processes
- Ensure proper storage & management of Communications, rates agreements and win/loss ratio analysis
Job Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least five (5) years of previous experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities listed above
- Great command of Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
- Good time management skills
- Customer Management Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Be able to communicate with customers effectively and have a great telephone etiquette
- Be a team player
- Be able to work under pressure and be an achiever
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have good inter-personnel skills
- Good negotiating skills and be able to influence customers & suppliers
- Ability to work unsupervised
- High level of attention to detail
- Achievement oriented
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.