Underground LV Driving Trainer - Underground Mining AllianceEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Obuasi 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ a qualified, experienced and motivated Underground LV Driving Trainer to join our Safety Team. This is Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground Health, Safety, Environment & Training while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Underground LV Driving Trainer
Reporting to the Senior HSE &T Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for conducting on-the-job training & assessing of Underground Operators as well as designing, developing, maintaining and continuously improving training methods. The incumbent will focus strongly on compliance to ensure all personnel including employees and subcontractors have the required competencies to work safely and efficiently.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site Inductions ensuring all employees and contractors are site compliant and competent to perform the required tasks/roles
- Support the HSE&T Coordinator with safety related training initiatives.
- Provide HSE&T training & mentoring to operational personnel through crew presentations, communications and knowledge sharing.
- Conduct and facilitate training of Light Vehicle Drivers.
- Conduct needs assessment for competence, identify shortfalls in skillsets and provide realistic and practical training.
- Ensure accurate information on training is entered into the company training database.
- Develop and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly training reports.
- Present on HSE topics that provide employees with workplace injury statistics, new initiatives, and system changes.
- Partner with site operations management to effectively promote the safety values and culture of UMA.
Required Skills or Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
- Must possess valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years experience in training operators in a Hard Rock Underground Mines
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment with leadership abilities.
- Must possess professional certification in Training and Development as well as First Aid
- Strong observation and analytical skills, along with keen attention to detail.
- A strong focus on safety and hazard identification.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong sense of urgency and outcomes focused
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
- Ability to work both day and night.
- Strong and well-developed time management, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to influence and engage with operational and non-operational employees and contractors with strong demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a high level of experience and knowledge in training operational crews
- Ability to train, coach and mentor crew members.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.