Ashesi University Communication Jobs In Eastern RegionCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Eastern Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The University Communications Office at Ashesi oversees and coordinates communications effort across the University and guides the effective creation and use of content across the University's website, social media, admissions material, and press. The Office also works very closely with the Chief of Staff to the President on fundraising and advancement communications. Working with various Ashesi community members, the Communications Office helps tell stories about the University and its people through multiple media - photography, video, and writing.
The Communications Officer is a key member of the University Communications team, helping drive planning and creation of content; combining writing, photography, video, and graphic design skill to tell impactful stories about the Ashesi and its community. The Communications Officer is also responsible for maintaining the University's digital communication platforms - including website and social media - and will support other university offices to align their communication activity with the University's overall communication goals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The role reports to the Director of University Communications and will be part of a growing global team that helps increase awareness of Ashesi's leadership in higher education in Africa. The role also has a particular focus of supporting the communications and marketing needs of the Admissions & Financial Aid department.
Content Creation and Strategy
- Provide leadership on strategic storytelling, emerging narratives, and communicating impact as a part of strategic planning.
- Lead writing and content editing for the University's website, blogs, and other mediums.
- Work with students, faculty, staff, and alumni to identify and tell strong stories of impact by the Ashesi community.
- Supervise programming for the campus radio station, and drive university-led audio content.
Visual Design, Photography and Video
- Design print and digital communication material - including PowerPoint, university brochures, and reports - to support communication goals of key university departments.
- Help design university paraphernalia for university merchandise store.
- Lead photography for website, social media, and print.
- Be able to script, film and publish video across university communication channels to support storytelling, especially short-form video.
Social Media & Digital Channels
- Oversee the university's existing social media channels and provide recommendations for the effective use of emerging platforms.
- Provide reporting on digital channels and ways to improve engagement with various audiences.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This role requires:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience with writing for the web.
- Strong understanding of content creation strategy, technology, and distribution.
- Ability to plan and independently execute creative work and projects.
- Ability to identify narratives and help people communicate their work and impact.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and execute productively.
- Foundational skills in graphic design and video editing principles. Skill in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere) is a plus.
- Good understanding of photography.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.