Director of Internal Audit - UPSAAuditing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Governing Council of the University of Professional Studies, Accra invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Director of Internal Audit.
Position: Director of Internal Audit
Reporting to: Vice-Chancellor
The Director of Internal Audit reports directly to the Vice-Chancellor and shall be responsible for the integrity of all financial transactions within the University.
The Director shall:
- ensure the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective financial control system:
- pre-audit all proposed expenditures to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements:
- conduct a periodic examination of the accounts of the University including the self-accounting units:
- monitor and ensure that all expenditures incurred have been authorised and are within budgetary provisions:
- conduct periodic management audit and submit reports to the Vice Chancellor.
- liaise with External Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken on reports and audit findings.
- Submit reports in line with the requirements of the Audit Report Implementation Committee (ARIC),
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related field.
- Evidence of in-depth grasp and application of auditing systems and processes and procedures.
- Have a minimum of 15 years post-professional qualification work experience, six (6) years of which must have been at least as a Deputy Director in a university or an analogous institution, or in a recognised and reputable practicing firm, industry, commerce, and/or private sector.
- Be above reproach and exhibit a high level of integrity.
- Be able to provide sound advice to the Vice-Chancellor and the Governing Council on compliance with laid-down internal control systems and any statutory requirements.
- Be able to exhibit the highest professional and ethical standards in the oversight of the university’s accounting records and financial transactions.
- Possess excellent relational communications and administrative skills in the supervision of staff in the Internal Audit Directorate.
- Have extensive experience in compliance with finance, accounting and audit regulations preferably in a university environment.
- A Chartered Professional qualification can be an added advantage.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University, consistent with Statutes of the University of Professional Studies. Accra.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.