GIZ Finance Jobs In AccraFinance Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The project is supporting the Ministry of Energy in Ghana in improving the financial sustainability of the energy sector and the framework conditions for promoting investments in renewable energies and energy efficiency and aims at strengthening the Ghanaian climate goals and sustainable and inclusive economic development.
Scope of the Role
As a Finance Specialist for Accounting Compliance, you will strengthen the internal control procedures of the program and take on a mentoring role for Finance Officers by advising on implementing compliant business procedures and documentation as well as ensuring that financial administration functions are executed well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures and regulatory frameworks.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- You will ensure full compliance of our processes to internal control/ auditing rules. With your follow-up, records are always ready to be audited ad-hoc.
- You will support and coach other Finance Specialists in all accounting procedures, give training and knowledge-sharing, do work shadowing, give regular feedback on accounting procedures, and check documentation in a 4-eye principle.
- You will closely follow up on the proper execution of financial procedures (timely recording of expenditures, proper documentation, correct execution of the monthly closing procedure, etc.)
- You will support the Senior Finance Manager in providing annual Internal Control (IC) management by not focusing on mistakes but providing broader compliance-oriented advice in light of GIZ Processes and Regulations (P+R).
- You will be an active part of the procurement opening committee, oversee the procurement mailbox and conduct a regular risk assessment of the program and general SustainE4Climate processes and propose mitigation measures to management.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s degree in accounting or Commerce or a related field from a recognized college.
- At least 5 years of experience as a finance officer or related field in Government or NGO or international organization.
- Very high proficiency in financial documentation procedures, preferably experience in accounting systems of public institutions in Ghana.
- Familiarity with contracting rules in the public sector, especially with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Very high proficiency with Microsoft Excel and IT affine personality.
- Proactive interest in improving quality of work; Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English.
- Strong interpersonal and service skills; Strong organization and time management skills; Ability to perform efficiently in a multicultural
work environment; Ability to work under time pressure; Self-driven motivation to create knowledge and innovations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.