Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Takoradi, Western Region : Logistics Manager - Dangote Industries LimitedSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Takoradi, Western Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Provide strategic oversight and direction for the Logistics Function of the Company including inbound and outbound logistics of the operation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Champion the development and articulation of the Logistics Division’s strategy, policies and processes and ensure alignment with the corporate strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics for improving operational efficiencies for inbound logistics and outbound logistics of the Company, while improving service levels and reducing cost.
- Establish and implement leading practice supply chain management policies and practices.
- Develop and oversee proper management of relationships with third party service providers within the supply chain (such as transporters, customs/ clearing agents, etc) and ensure compliance with agreed service levels.
- Oversee optimal planning and coordination for inbound & outbound materials logistics of the Company
- Collaborate with relevant functions (such as Procurement, Production, and Sales & Marketing) to develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensure adherence to agreed SLAs.
- Establish and monitor performance measurement systems for the logistics function
- Develop risk management programmes to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios or product delivery disruption scenarios
- Ensure both local and third-party carrier compliance with the Company's policies and procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimize performance and enhance output
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Motivate, guide, and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building of subordinates
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the Department in line with approved departmental budget and manual of authority
- Ensure periodic meetings to communicate departmental goals/targets and agree work plans
- Prepare and agree career development plans (in conjunction with HR Department) and conduct periodic performance appraisals for departmental staff
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Plant Director on the activities of the department
- Act on behalf of; and perform any other duties assigned by the Plant Director
Minimum of thirteen (13) years’ work experience with at least four (4) years’ experiences in a senior management position.
Skills & Competencies
- In-depth understanding of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s product and service offerings.
- Ability to act independently and proactively, exercising maturity, resilience, and responsibility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and methodologies of supply chain management.
- Very good knowledge of existing laws and regulations governing exportation, importation, and local transportation in Ghana and DCP’s areas of operation.
- Good understanding of the distribution and logistics network in Ghana and DCP’s areas of operation
- Working knowledge of logistics HSE policies.
- High ethical standards.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.