Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it.
We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Health Systems Strengthening Accelerator (HSS Accelerator) is a global initiative funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that is supporting the Government of Ghana and other local actors to ensure adequate and efficient use of health sector resources to achieve Ghana’s vision of health for all.
The HSS Accelerator is seeking a Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) who will work closely with the Country Director, country program team, and grants/finance team at R4D home office, to develop and strengthen good financial management and administration practices in line with the R4D’s and donors’ organizational policies and procedures, and relevant laws of Ghana.
This offer is a full-time position depending on the programmatic needs and funding availability.
The Finance and Administration officer will be responsible for leading, managing, tracking, and reporting on financial management and tracking of activities implemented under the Health Systems Strengthening Accelerator project and other R4D programs in Ghana. The responsibilities of the officer are listed below:
- Prepare and process all accounting transactions such as disbursement, cash receipts, journal entries and advances in accordance with R4D finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Submit monthly requests, reconciliations, and financial statement reports to HQ
- Assist sub-activity leads with cash requests and reconciliations on all local transactions
- Provide administrative, logistical, and procurement support to the team
- Work with the program team to forecast financial transaction needs and support in the identification and recruitment of vendors based on project rules and regulations.
- Assist sub-activity leads with compiling, managing, monitoring, and tracking budget (e.g., organizing invoices, checks, & other financials) and preparing financial/funding reports, when deemed necessary
- Support to maintain R4D as a legal entity in Ghana
- To serve as a liaison officer between R4D and the bank for all banking transactions and payments
- Provide support for budgeting in response to business development proposals
- Provide technical support to R4D related to labour laws in Ghana
- Provide information on Portfolio reports as regards expenditure
- Other duties related to logistics and procurement, as assigned by the Country Director in line with R4D finance and procurement policies
- Participates fully as a member of R4D by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in financial management and program administration
- BSc in accounting, finance and administration, or a related degree
- Experience in the USAID or U.S. Government-funded programs will be considered an asset
- Excellent excel and Microsoft office skills are a must, especially for functions relevant to financial management and accounting
- Excellent Quick Books expertise will be considered an asset
- Must be conversant with financial and accounting terminology
- Excellent communication skills in the English language
- Good time management skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Superb customer service skills – must be able to work effectively with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds and technical expertise
- Must be dynamic and take initiative
- Must be a team player
- The position is open to Ghanaian nationals only
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.