Project Manager - Wayoe Engineering and Construction LimitedEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Western Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
WEC's Mining Division is looking for an experienced Project Manager for its operations across West Africa. He or she will be responsible for all construction, engineering, and project control disciplines involved in the overall project lifecycle, from estimation, project initiation, planning, execution, and project close-out related to the projects in which he or she is involved.
Input / Actions required
- Constant Client Engagement
- Actively manage – Allowable/Cost/ Revenue/Project Budget
- Review financial information and compile comprehensive Project Reports, including project budget, financial forecasting, resources, planning, HSE, and QA/QC.
- Prepare trend analysis and forecast reports
- Manage procurement activities
- Develop and own a Project Risk Register - Identify, track, and manage risks and opportunities
- Timeous management of financial and commercial impacts of a contract
- Comply with Corporate Governance
- Correctly implement and control the management system
- Continually research and explore innovations to current systems and processes.
- Assist in compiling contractual strategy
- Sign off at finalization of tender
- Ensure consistent and accurate compliance with all commercial contract requirements
- With the site team, ensure proper team composition in consultation with relevant management and HR structures
- Conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports and ensure that direct reports conduct performance reviews with subordinates
- Mobilize and utilize all resources in a timeous and relevant manner
- Effective demobilization of resources
- Ensure resources comply with project requirements
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management
- Follow through and ensure that quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Support and drive the business's core values.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills & Competencies Required
Educational & Professional Qualification:
- Relevant Degree / Diploma (Mechanical Engineering/Construction Engineering/Construction Project Management)
- Advanced knowledge of Construction Management Processes, means, and methods (PMBOK)
- Good grasp of Project Management software – Primavera P6 and MS Projects
- Minimum 10 years experience in the Mining or Oil and Gas sector with exposure to SMPP, ECI, Painting, scaffolding, civil works, tank building and repair, HDPE piping, and sheeting.
Managerial and other Skills Required:
- Conflict–resolution skills
- Sound technical knowledge
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Computer Literacy
- Advanced Project Management skills preferred
- Sound financial acumen
- Good people skills
- Team player
- Willingness to travel in Africa and work away from home for long periods of time
- Previous proven work experience in an African country preferred
- Knowledge of practices, policies, and procedures of the Company
- Company core values and culture
- Company business model and strategy
- Advance Contractual knowledge preferred
- Advanced Construction Methodology preferred
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.