Jobs In Ghana 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Newmont’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is the flagship program for recent university graduates. Each year, Newmont selects the most promising graduates to join our Ahafo and Akyem Mine sites and learn our business from the ground up through a structured two-year rotational program.
- The GDP participants help us to achieve our purpose – to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. This purpose is guided by five core values: Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion and Responsibility.
In This Role You Will:
- Undergo job rotations between teams within your discipline, giving you exposure to a variety of experiences over the two-year program.
- Participate in meaningful work assignments and cross-functional projects with clear goals and objectives.
- Have structured job shadowing, allowing you to gain insight into areas outside of your discipline.
- Engage in workplace coaching and mentoring to ensure your success.
- Receive personal and leadership development opportunities for continuous learning.
- Participate in structured activities with your peers to build your professional network.
- Be exposed to an inclusive environment that truly values differences.
- Have access to full-time employment with comprehensive benefits and wellness packages.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, Geological/Geology Engineering and Civil Engineering with a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) not less than a Second Class Upper.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must have completed National Service in 2021 or currently undergoing National Service and due to complete this year 2022.
- National Service experience with a mining company will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of gold mining or broader hard rock mining.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access).
- Strong strategic mindset and leadership potential.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assertive, influential and persuasive.
- Presentation skills.
- Act professional and show respect.
- Proactive and results and quality driven.
- Customer focused.
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Goal-oriented and reliable.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Reliable, flexible and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Strong attention to detail and deliver high levels of accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated and results-driven.
- Able to work in a multinational environment.
- The position is in Ahafo South.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.