Jobs In Eastern Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To perform a variety of engineering duties in the development, modification or adaptation of established systems, processes and/or project plans.
In This Role, You Will
- Prepare, review, and evaluate mine design, mine plans, ore control, project feasibility and productivity studies.
- Perform cash flow analysis and financial modelling.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
- Maintain tools required for short and medium-term planning.
- Develop practical mining plans based on all available geological information to support medium and long-term mine planning and production goals.
- Plan, organise and coordinate surveys, tests, or investigations through the collection of data points.
- Generate and develop pit/waste dump designs, blast designs and processing plans.
- Prepare plans for mines, including pits and haul roads for open pit operations, using CAD and Mine Planning Software.
- Coordinate all drill and blast activities with Drill & Blast, Load and Haul Supervisors, Geotechnical and Mine Engineers, and Geology and Operations Superintendent.
- Liaise with the blasting contractor, by communicating company policies, accruals, safety audits, budgeting and scheduling.
- Produce drill pattern, loading design, and timing sequence using the available drill and blast software suite.
- Support in the development of annual drilling and blasting budgets.
Mine Analyses and Investigations
- Screen mine assignments for unusual and/or challenging problems and select techniques and procedures to be applied to non-routine work.
- Interpret the results arising out of the surveys, tests or investigations and prepare recommendations.
- Contribute to the assessment of manpower, capital and equipment requirements to meet objectives.
- Participate in engineering feasibility studies to define:
- proper mining methods, equipment selections, mine site facilities, capital and operating costs. manpower and product requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Mine Operational Delivery
- Generate short-term (i.e. weekly and monthly) production schedules and budgets.
- Apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Oversee the construction of the mine and the installation of all necessary plant and equipment.
- Lead the implementation of cutting-edge processes and safety practices.
- Ensure drill and blast activities are aligned with mine designs, geotechnical wall standards and mine operations schedules.
- Sign off on blast designs and charge plans before blasting.
- Implement QAQC program before and after blast for continuous improvement.
- Work with the Geology department to ensure that blast hole samples are representative and ensure its accuracy.
- Play a leading role in improving operational efficiency and quality and controlling production costs at all stages of the Life of Mine cycle.
- Work cooperatively with other departments, project managers, supply chain and Mine management to optimise production, reduce costs, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Provide troubleshooting support to improve operational efficiencies.
- Make minor adaptations and/or modifications to established engineering plans and systems.
- Lead and collaborate with the mine build team to ensure projects are completed according to set timelines and budgets and high-quality standards.
- Consult with Geologists and other Engineers regarding the design, selection and provision of machines, facilities and systems for mining.
- Supervise contractors, negotiate variations and remedial works, assure and control quality, measure work done and approve mine work.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Mine Engineering.
- Mine Foreman Certificate of Competency.
- Advanced proficiency in MineSight 3D software.
- Proficiency in cost modelling software e.g. Xeras.
- Competency in explosives handling, storage and legislation knowledge.
- Minimum of 4 – 7 years of working experience in a large Open Pit Mining environment.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), MS Project, Programming, Coding and Application Software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), report writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Ability to visualise three-dimensional (3D) layouts.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a wide variety of personnel.
- Adaptable, Analytical, Deadline driven, Safety conscious, Self-managed.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job;
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office is not in excess of 85 decibels. The incumbent is however occasionally exposed to noise, fumes, high temperatures, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, unpaved pathways, pinch-points, extreme vibration, excavators and drilling rigs, and slippery surfaces at the mine site.
- The incumbent is based primarily in an office-based environment, which requires a continuous need for a high degree of concentration when dealing with numbers, scheduling, mine plan generations and mine designs.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.