Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) is a non-profit organisation working to expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa. Since 2008, we have been building and running secondary schools in some of the remotest, and most underserved, communities in Uganda and Zambia. PEAS schools aim to enrol students who would not otherwise have access to education, and deliver a quality education that helps our students lead fulfilling and socially responsible lives.
Over the past 14 years, PEAS has had first-hand experience of running some of the best secondary schools in Uganda and Zambia whilst building up our tools, teams and evidence. We are now looking to expand our impact beyond PEAS’ two secondary school networks and to begin working in new countries across Sub-Saharan Africa where there is a need for increased access to quality secondary education. In particular, we are looking to work with governments and reputable education operators who are focused on delivering a quality secondary education to the most marginalised communities in their countries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We are looking for potential opportunities where PEAS can adapt and share our tried-and-tested tools, practices and experience to help improve the education system in Ghana. PEAS is looking to work with a driven, experienced education consultant who can support with building PEAS’ presence in Ghana and identifying potential projects at the basic or senior high school level.
This consultant should have experience in the Ghanaian educational sector which can enable them to provide technical advice on project design and delivery, to ensure PEAS’ approaches are tailored appropriately and fit the local context.
|Role Title and Department||PEAS Ghana Education Consultant, New Country Expansion Team|
|Time Period||3 days a week for 3 months – with the potential to extend in the future. The anticipated start date is October 1st 2022 (to be agreed with the successful candidate).|
|Compensation||Applicants to submit their proposed all-inclusive day rate|
|Location and Travel||Based in Accra – with travel to PEAS projects around Ghana (and potentially visits to PEAS’ other locations)|
|Reporting to||PEAS Global - Operations Lead|
- Produce an engagement map of key education stakeholders for PEAS to connect with (including government, funders and relevant implementing organisations), and support with outreach to arrange meetings. This includes drafting and submitting letters, approaching contacts in their network and engaging proactively with the Ministry of Education and relevant agencies.
- Providing technical advice to PEAS on the education landscape and context in Ghana, sharing information about in-country opportunities for funding and providing input regarding the Ghana context into project proposals.
- Providing technical advice on PEAS’ ongoing education projects within Ghana, to ensure PEAS’ approaches are tailored appropriately and fit the local context.
- Representing PEAS at relevant meetings and events, to build awareness about PEAS’ work and support with identifying opportunities.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with PEAS Operations Lead to discuss progress and strategies to continue building awareness about PEAS’s work.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in education in Ghana. Ideally, at least one previous role working as a teacher in Ghana, within the Ghana Ministry of Education or for an education-focused NGO in Ghana.
- Passionate about improving the life chances of all children through educational opportunities and trialling innovative approaches to improve the quality of education in Ghana.
- Strong network within the education sector.
- Strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to present in an engaging manner.
- Experience working with staff in multiple locations and maintaining effective communications.
- Based in or near Accra.
- Ghanian national preferred.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.