Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
On behalf of our client, a multinational agricultural firm, specializing in the production, transport, and distribution of fruit and vegetables in Europe and around the world, we are looking to hire a System Network Administrator in Accra Ghana.
People & Partners Group is a Human Resources Management firm that provides a comprehensive range of HR Solutions with a business focus.
The System network administrator will oversee and support the day-to-day operation of computer systems and networks throughout an organization, ensuring reliable performance and data integrity in local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and organization intranets.
In this role, system network administrators evaluate the business needs while setting up and maintaining computer networks, monitoring network, and system performance, and collecting data to enhance security and reliability.
The IT role primarily works on server-side maintenance and deployment tasks, but the system network administrator’s duties can also include direct user support, particularly during upgrades and migrations. The system network administrator needs to balance technical skills with a big-picture view of how the organization uses its data infrastructure.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
System Network Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
Configure and Install Networks and Operating Systems
- Setting up, configuring, and deploying networks and operating systems
- Determine the organization’s data storage and transmission needs and makes key decisions regarding network setup and capacity
- Install operating systems and programs on user hardware.
Provide User Technical Support
- Provides direct support to end users, particularly during system setup and installation and during network changes.
- Helps users install software and ensures that it works with their workspace
- Troubleshoots connection or performance issues,
- Resolves help desk queries.
Monitor System Performance
The system network administrator routinely monitors system performance to ensure reliability.
- Reviews error logs, conducts regular tests of system speed and reliability, and follows up on issues reported by users.
- Conducts routine system audits to assess security and stability, changing the configuration to resolve issues or improve reliability.
Conduct Data Backups
- Customizes the data back-up to the various target (local, headquarters, tapes) according to the planned schedule, or on request
- Examines the data and perform tests to make sure that it’s intact and correct.
- Monitors the backups jobs and guarantees they run properly
Enhance Server and System Performance
- Develops strategies to enhance server, system, and network performance.
- Ensure that systems updates published by the software and system providers are applied
CONTINUE READING BELOW
System Network Administrator Skills and Qualifications
Systems and Networks Skills
- Systems skills and knowledge:
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Active Directory
- VMWARE 6.5
- VEEAM V11 Back-up
Network skills and Knowledge
- Switching: CISCO, ZYXEL, ARUBA
- Firewalling and VPN: FORTINET
- Wireless private networks: PROXIM, UBIQUITY, or equivalent
- Optical Fiber, network wiring
- Monitoring tools like Eyes On the Network
Information security – system network administrators also play a vital role in information security, so they need a firm grasp of best practices and procedures to ensure that organization data is protected from intrusion or corruption
Database design – because you help support infrastructure and data management activities, the system network administrator should also have some experience designing and working with databases
- MS SQL Server
Infrastructure skills and knowledge
- Electrical protection notions (inverters, stabilizer, power generator, earth connection)
- Problem-solving skills – this role also requires a lot of troubleshooting networks, computers, and devices, so the system network administrator needs autonomous, creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Communication skills – system network administrator also needs strong written and verbal communication skills to work with both users and IT specialists
- Time management – in this role, the system network administrator needs to balance organization-wide concerns with individual user support, so effective scheduling and time management is crucial
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education and Training
- Master’s degree in computer or information science
- 6 years of IT professional experience
- Working proficiency in the French language will be advantageous
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.