Finance & Admin Intern - International Federation of Red CrossAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The position will be to review accounts, financial management and office Administrative duties of the IFRC’s Country Delegation for Accra, Ghana under the guidance and supervision of the Finance & Administration Officer and Delegate Finance and Administration based in the Cluster Officer in Abuja.
While performing this role, the intern will be exposed to accounting and administration processes and procedures for the National Society and the IFRC and will equip the incumbent with the necessary skills to work in similar setups within the Humanitarian and development field.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Data capturing from Source documents
- Capture all Payments Receipts into Coda system before validation and processing by the Finance and Admin Officer
- Receive all National societies working Advance check if all supporting documents are attached with correct authorization.
- Capturing of refundable VAT element into the Coda
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Petty Cash Management
- Daily ensure that there is enough Petty Cash for office petty cash expenses
- Weekly ensure that there is weekly Petty cash count including month end and reconciliations.
- Submit year end Petty cash Account that is reconciling to the General ledger.
- Ensure that the Staff with approved Mission trips have been supplied with the requested travel funds including fuel.
- Check for validity and completeness all signed Request of payments and including supplier payments for processing.
- Assist in the communication and enforcement of all financial policies and procedures as well as the improvement of areas identified.
- Keep updated all the assets inventories of the office
- Keep updated the Finance filing system
- Adequate maintenance of storage space designated for archiving and records of Admin Unit, When applicable and under supervision, including the disposal and destruction of old files. Supervise the receipt and safe storage of all goods and stationeries in the office.
- Under the guidance of the Finance and Admin Officer ensure that documents, records and journals are filed, and an electronic and physical register is established.
- Prepare and monitor Finance files to ensure they are filed and labeled both originals and photocopies with all supporting documents inside.
- Facilitate and support with accommodation Per diem Visas and travel arrangements for visitors.
Responsible for in-country taxation matters and reconciling on monthly basis as per Government rules and regulations
- Maintain a separate record of withholding tax and Income tax deduction and deposit to government's authorized account.
Working with the National Society
- Documents checks for National society working advances, follow up for budget holder signature, prepare CODA XL for WANS reports.
- Filing and working with the finance team to prepare field returns to submit to the Abuja office in a timely manner.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting or Finance option. Required
- At least 1 year in similar positions. Required
- Experience working with an international non-governmental organization. Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Proficient computer skills. Required
- Broad understanding of Red Cross/Red Crescent activities. Required
- Self-Motivated, proactive with good judgment and initiative. Required
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English. Required
- Fluently spoken and written English. Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish, Somali, or Arabic). Preferred
Competencies and Values
- Collaboration and Teamwork;
- Judgment and Decision Making;
- National Society and Customer Relations;
- Creativity and Innovation;
- Building Trust.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.