Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana : Operations Manager - Mim Cashew and Agricultural ProductsAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Ghana 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A leader who is hands-on and collaborative; someone that will thrive in a resourceful team and who is keen to work flexibly within the remit of their role. Someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, highly organised and adaptable.
You will have spent a significant amount of time building a career in the agriculture and agro-processing space, keen to run a rural business with international operations, and ambitious plans for the future. You must be grounded in the day-to-day activities at the farm but driven by an exciting plan for the creation of high-value African brands exporting and marketing luxury African products across the globe.
This position requires someone with a can-do attitude who will embrace challenges and seize opportunities for organisational transformation and growth. The position will require excellent communication skills, a person that works well with people at all levels and who is capable of inspiring a talented and experienced team.
This position involves being responsible for all day-to-day business activities, increasing and diversifying revenue streams, leading the delivery of the company’s strategy and reporting to the CEO.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Operations and Logistics
- Organise, monitor, and manage international imports, exports and distribution. Ensuring that all local and international regulations are met and adhered to
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures in collaboration with team members and organisation officials to improve efficiency and organisational growth
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits
- Direct administrative activities directly related to making products or providing services
- Compliance with local and international authorities and organizations, including Mim traditional council, Free-Zones EPA, Ghana Standards Authority, Food and Drugs Administration and ecocert.
Business Development & Financial Management
- Responsible for managing sales and liaising with customers; negotiating contracts, and ensuring local sales and exports are made to the highest specifications, value and quality
- Strategically diversifying and optimising revenue streams, leveraging the many opportunities for agricultural production and processing with direct routes to market
- Controlling cash flow in collaboration with accounts, and updating the CEO on a monthly basis on company position and direction
- Managing and optimising the company’s financial systems, implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs. Reviewing all formal finance-related policies and procedures
- Managing the financial reporting for the organisation. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, Financial and Management Accounting functions, regulatory and taxation affairs, auditing and all statutory financial reporting.
- Evaluate key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent, maintain budgets and optimise expenses
- Responsible for planning, costing and implementing R&D projects
- Report key results and organisational strategic planning to corporate officers
- Direct management of key functional and departmental managers and executives (Finance, farm, distillery, workshop, quality assurance and social impact) to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Implementing overall company strategy as set in collaboration with CEO, ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual targets are met.
- Coordinating and communicating with HR and Admin Director on staff-related matters such as training, recruitment, and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by CEO
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 years+ industry experience as a General Manager or similar senior role in agriculture, agro-processing and/or manufacturing
- International experience, or experience within an international organisation
- Strategic planning skills: Must ensure the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan for the organization
- Experience in budgeting, financial control and analysis, and management accounting
- Strong corporate management, leadership, and communication skills; Must be able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Problem-solving, negotiation skills and adaptability to changing environments
Advance BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MBA MSc/MA« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.