Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drives us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
To provide the Consumer Business Unit within Vodafone Ghana with financial guidance, commercial insights, and value-added analysis with the sole aim of driving the unit towards overall business objectives. The role which works as a business partner to Consumer is in a matrix structure with a solid-line reporting into the Finance organisation under the CFO, and a dotted line into the CBU Director.
As a business partner, the key responsibility is to be an integral part of its customers’ financial decision-making. This decision-making involves bottom-line impacting activities including (but not limited to) investment appraisal, complex financial modelling, forecasting, and planning, cost control, business case development, budgeting, sales performance analytics and best-practice financial advice. The Finance Business Partner is the Single Point of Contact and the conduit for its customers back into the wider finance team.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Performance reporting, Analysis and Framework for performance evaluation
- Full ownership of business performance report: across all product lines and segment providing insight on trends and necessary corrective actions
- Define templates and metrics to periodically (daily, weekly, and monthly) track and report revenue performance by product and segments against expectations.
- End to End management ownership of business logic definition, Consumer Management Information Reporting analysis for key functions
- Manage the generation of business intelligence to serve as input for the allocation of Consumer targets for segments, products and regions
- Manage all KPI performance, identify possible interventions where necessary and ensure alignment of all reporting in this regard.
- Manage Consumer P&L.
- Manage data quality and integrity of reporting systems by designing deviation detection methods and quality control metrics.
- Collaborate with internal and external departments to ensure consistent and reliable data is available for analysis and reporting, including identifying, investigating, and resolving any issues affecting data integrity.
Pay for performance
- Responsibility for Designing and implementing rules for quality acquisition and conversion to revenue; monitor process and update accordingly.
- Compliance management and enforcement of adherence to defined commission structure.
- Define and periodically review commercial teams Incentive Plan – Measurement criteria, Monthly/Quarterly targets etc to ensure alignment with business focus and strategy.
Business Planning & Forecasting
- Accountability for managing Consumer OPEX by ensuring spends are properly planned, executed and booked.
- Accountability for Implementing and managing the periodic budget and forecasting process, in conjunction with Finance and other business units
- Accountability for working with all segments and vertical owners to develop operational business plan as and when required and re-forecasting accordingly
- Guide all units within Consumer through the budget process, from input to approval.
- Review operational financial records and reports and makes a recommendation for improvements; works with departments to compile data necessary to analyse and determine operational and financial efficiency.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Effective Competitor analysis and Intelligence
- Effectively liaise with all relevant stakeholders in analysing competitor’s activities as well as relevant market development and proposing pre-emptive countermeasures which may be in the form of new product initiatives or varying existing products
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all financial matters affecting the customer business units.
- Be the centre of excellence on all financial matters within business units dominated by engineering skill sets; Providing sound financial advice as and when required within a matrix environment
- Provide a conduit for the business units into the finance organisation on all matters of process and control
- Lead finance analysts, identify and nurture talent, providing development opportunities to individuals
- Coaching and sharing of expertise
- Develop a world class organisation fusing commercial thinking in a technology environment with financial skills
- Provide clarity of purpose to team members
- Interface with heads of customer business units (outlined above) in a matrix structure (dotted line into CBU Director, solid line into Finance)
- In role of Finance SPOC, constructive engagement with other parts of finance (Primarily Financial Operations, Data & Analytics, FP&A but also Process Improvement and Revenue Assurance).
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 8+ years of varied experience in Financial Analysis with at least 4 years at middle management level handling independent businesses.
- Experience from a fast-moving technology or telecoms business with an in-depth knowledge of Mass Consumers will be a distinct advantage
- Part-Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA- Ghana, UK or other ECOWAS institutes) or MBA from a highly reputable university
- Exceptionally well organised with evidence of deploying organisational skills in a fluid environment
- Can deliver to time, cost and quality parameters; effective management of multiple initiatives; ensures an effective use of resources
- Calm, professional individual with the ability to manage stakeholders at all levels, but with a strong personality able to deal with pressure.
- Evidence of leading medium-sized but highly focussed and impactful teams, preferably with financial skill sets operating in commercial environments
- Understands political business sensitivities
- Ambitious individual who is prepared to do a role that is integral to succession planning within Vodafone Ghana Finance
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.