Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for developing and coordinating the activities of the team of regional officers, whose activities is to: support GhiLMIS implementation; improve data visibility on distribution and utilization/ use of health commodities; improve commodity availability by supporting implementation and/or sustainability of last mile distribution.
The Project Coordinator will work with the logistics support officers to improve the capacity of the system in identifying potential breakdowns in the logistics system (i.e., stock-outs, over stocks), collaborate and coordinate with regional health administrations, central level supply chain stakeholders (MOH and GHS) to implement remedial actions to address identified gaps in the health-commodity distribution network.
The project coordinator will collaborate with the LMIS Advisor to manage the transition of manual reporting to GhiLMIS.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities (Supervisory)
- Supervise all the regional logistics officers and Monitor their activities
- Approve monthly expenditure reports for regional officers as well as other operational expenses, and manage advances to the officers, and for central office operations
- Liaise with health system managers at the MOH (P&S, OCP,) GHS (D-G, SSDM), RHAs, and the various public health programs (NACP, NMCP, NTP, FHD in particular) to ensure the smooth functioning of the regional logistics officers at their various duty posts
- Identify and coordinate the provision of necessary resources for the performance of duties assigned to regional logistics officers
Duties and Responsibilities (Technical)
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for regional logistics officers for key activities to be undertaken within the regions
- Champion the establishment of strategies to improve MoH/GHS data production and use
- Collate all regional reports and submit them to the central level stakeholders monthly according to schedule, and also organize and provide other operational reports to concerned stakeholders on agreed dates
- Collaboratively develop a transition plan with the GhiLMIS implementation team and manage transition of manual reporting to GhiLMIS
- Lead the monitoring of the quality of data in GhiLMIS, provide feedback to the GhiLMIS implementation team and relevant stakeholders with remedial actions to address challenges
- Collaborate with the GhiLMIS implementation team to support continuous change management for the GhiLMIS implementation and use
- Collaborate with GhiLMIS implementation team to implement initiatives to drive data use at source
- Support RLOs to provide basic level of support to GhiLMIS users including building their capacities to be able to provide immediate support to users to ensure consistent response to resolution of immediate needs
- Provide technical guidance to regional logistics officers to support implementation and sustainability of LMD
- Provide technical assistance to support the functioning and sustainability of the Logistics Management Unit (LMU) of the Ghana Health Service
- Provide analytics for central level supply chain coordinating meetings leveraging on GhiLMIS and any available analytical tools
- Conduct routine joint OJT visits with central level MOH and GHS counterparts to the regions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline.
- Understands Ghana Public Health Value Chain
- A minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in supply chain management including experience with, order management, inventory management, warehousing/storage and product distribution.
- An extensive background working at the highest leadership and management spheres within public sector health programs for a period of over 10years
- A leading analyst who actively contributes to internal knowledge development.
- Excellent communications skills with ability to lead meetings.
- Resourcefulness and a desire to help others.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
- Must be able to learn and support new and fast changing technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must have a good command of the English language
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country.
The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Technical Director.« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.