Jobs In Obuasi 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Maintenance Technician – Dewatering.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Technician – Dewatering is accountable for maintaining, installing, servicing all dewatering pumps, water systems and another engineering task, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Engineering Supervisor – Dewatering for reporting performance
- Conduct periodic audits of all Dewatering equipment/pumps in Underground infrastructure
- Observe and identify actions for continuous improvement
- Organize information for the Engineering Supervisor – Dewatering to allow development of condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Receive work orders from and report back in a timely manner for closure of work orders in the SAP asset maintenance management
- Execute maintenance work to required tasked quality, according to standards, timeliness and AGAG compliance.
- As tasked, execute machine checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, vibration data collection, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection;
- Monitor and report predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
- Escalate information and observations to allow generation of work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- After completion of work, provide information for correct close out of the work orders
- Execute routine condition monitoring tasks on all the rotating equipment for data collection according to the established schedules and as plant requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and escalate potential cost reduction initiatives to the Supervisor
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner; escalate real or potential delays to Supervisor
- Provide information as short interval controls to permit logging of monitored equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to register and escalate symptoms of potential failure
- Report directly to the Supervisor on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to the Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a minimum of Mechanical Engineering Technician Part II (MET II) or equivalent
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good engineering background with a minimum of two (2) years of working experience in pumps
- Experienced in pump maintenance, installation, and shaft alignment
- Good knowledge in water reticulation systems and the use of PRV’s and cascade dams
- Fully literate and numerate
- Strong pump maintenance competencies in an underground mining environment
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.