Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Right To Play is a global organization that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development, focusing on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in 16 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than 2.3 million children each year, both inside and outside the classroom.
Right To Play’s programs advance girls’ empowerment and gender equality by championing girls’ voices and their rights to equality, education, dignity and safety. Teachers, parents and community members are engaged in gender equality, supporting them to reduce harmful gender norms and barriers to girls’ education and empowerment at home, in school and their communities. Programs operate in both development and humanitarian settings and in partnership with communities and government partners.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and London, UK and operates in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Our programs are facilitated by more than 600 international staff and 31,900 local teachers and coaches. For more information, follow @RightToPlayIntl and visit www.righttoplay.com.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The People and Culture Officer is a member of the Country Office Senior Management Team and reports directly to the Country Director (CD) with a functional reporting line to the Director of People and Culture, Global Field at Right To Play Headquarters. The incumbent shall also be part of the Global People and Culture Community for knowledge-sharing and learning purposes.
They will be responsible for the proper implementation and interpretation of People and Culture policies and procedures in Right To Play Ghana and provide advice on different People and Culture issues, local employment laws and practices to the Senior Management Team (SMT) and staff. The incumbent shall lead end-to-end processes of PC management in collaboration with supervisors, the Senior Management Team and PC colleagues at HQ.
They shall maintain transparent and objective systems that attract and retain talent, motivate staff to perform effectively, build trust, facilitate the learning and development of employees and ensure that the compensation decisions are effectively communicated and implemented in-country.
The People and Culture Officer, Right To Play Ghana will be based in Accra with occasional travel to the field offices in-country and international travels as required by the Country Director and Global Director, People and Culture respectively.
Job Responsibility #1: Staffing, Recruitment and Selection (20%)
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies for the efficient and timely hiring and placement of employees; provides guidance to hiring managers on job reviews and development of job descriptions and relevant remuneration.
- Recommends and advertises openings in relevant job posting channels (e.g. career page, social media, job boards, and internally).
- Coordinates the process of developing assessment tools, screens applications, arranges and participates in interviews and makes recommendations to the Hiring Managers and CD.
- Conducts training for Hiring Managers on interviewing approaches as required.
- Conducts reference checks, notifies candidates about the results of the selection process and negotiates and prepares job offers.
- Updates recruitment records in an internal database and applicant tracking system (VidCruiter)
- Coordinates the placement of interns and volunteers and administers their related issues.
- Facilitates and participates in employee orientation by preparing onboarding plans, and scheduling Meet and Greet with key employees; facilitates office arrangements and supports supervisors in the orienting of new employees into the organization and role.
Job Responsibility #2: Compensation and Total Rewards (15% of Time):
- Administers and provides advice to staff and management on salary and related benefits, health insurance, life insurance, employee’s old age benefits (EOBI) and other entitlements.
- Oversees the administration of benefits programs within the country including the enrolment of benefits for eligible employees and the removal of departed ones.
- Liaises with HR service suppliers and insurance companies regarding employees’ benefits.
- Keeps abreast with the latest development in employment-related laws in the country; ensures that RTP complies with all Government statutory regulations and recommends changes to benefits and entitlements on the basis of local labour laws.
- Conducts job analysis exercises and develops job descriptions; makes recommendations in respect of organization structures and ensures that organizational structures are up to date.
- Supports salary and entitlement surveys.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Job Responsibility #3 Payroll and P&C Information Management (15% of Time):
- Manages all employee data in HRIS and ensures that information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensures all changes in staffing are reflected in HRIS including adding new hires, making changes in contract status and terminating staff
- Completes payroll-related information and ensures all information is accurate and reflected in HRIS.
- Generates reports from HRIS to support decision-making at the Country Office level.
- Conducts regular checks to ensure accurately and up-to-date HR information and documentation
Job Responsibility #4: Employee Relations and Employee Services (15% of Time):
- Monitors and manages employee relations issues maintains confidential records related to grievances and complaints and coordinate their resolution; conducts investigations and liaises with legal consultants to resolve cases when needed.
- Ensures transparent, fair and consistent application of disciplinary measures.
- Reviews and provides advice on policies that would prevent recurring conflicting situations.
- Provides information, interpretation and advice on Right To Play’s policies and local employment law to staff and management.
- Oversees the administration of all employee status changes such as promotions, transfers or terminations.
- Reviews and provides advice on the interpretation of P&C policies, regulations and rules; inform staff of their rights, and responsibilities relating to code of conduct, sexual exploitation and harassment policies and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
- Provides advice on safety and security issues to country employees as well as other RTP global teams visiting the country.
- Liaises with local officials, UN, NGOs and other agencies regarding security issues and ensures staff safety.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive communication plan whereby the employees are kept abreast of issues related to P&C matters.
- Act as Role model and coordinates structured initiatives to promote RTP Culture codes.
Job Responsibility #5: Performance Appraisal, Training and Development (10% of Time):
- Facilitates the implementation of the RTP performance appraisal system; ensures that managers are equipped with the necessary skills to conduct probationary evaluations and annual appraisals.
- Supports the supervisors in determining the training needs of their team, discusses those needs with the SMT and assists the SMT team in determining appropriate staff development plans.
- Coordinates with team leaders and provides oversight to ensure delivery of training and development programs and employee mobility programs to build the capacity of the country team.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and impact of staff development and career support programs and recommends ways to enhance effectiveness and impact.
Job Responsibility #6: HR Planning and policies implementation (15% of Time):
- Provides strategic advice and supports the CD with developing and implementing a yearly P&C plan.
- Participates in the budget process, monitors P&C financial performance and coordinates with the Finance team and Senior Manager of Global Total Rewards to ensure alignment with the approved budget.
- Support for project team in preparing project budget related to Staffing.
- Participates in the implementation of the Country Office P&C strategy to ensure alignment with RTP strategy and recommends adjustments to policies, procedures and processes based on the requirements of local labour laws ensuring that legislative requirements are fulfilled.
- Stays abreast of developments in various areas of People and Culture and shares information with the Senior Management Team and CD.
- Develops in country's Internal policies in alignment with the country's local laws
- Supports and participates in the country office's strategic plan
- Responds to legal claims or investigations, seeking legal advice as appropriate
Job Responsibility #7: Safeguarding (5% of Time)
- Establishes a culture where safeguarding is taken seriously by the SMT and other employees
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken and with immediate effect when safeguarding cases are reported
- Works with programs and logistics teams to ensure that the templates used for contracting have relevant sections clarifying expectations and accountabilities.
- Coordinates training for employees and contractors to ensure clarity around safeguarding expectations and code of conduct.
- Collaborates with the programs team to ensure that all safeguarding concerns raised are assessed by someone with designated responsibility and expertise for appropriate action, whether that be an internal follow-up or by making a referral to the appropriate agency.
- Participates in INGO/NGO forums to share information on the subject among others.
- Ensures safe recruitments for all vacant positions making sure that all measures are taken at every step to implement safeguarding best practices.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in HR/business/public administration or related fields
- 5 years’ experience in human resources management with at least one year working at the Head Office in-country
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to lead and motivate positive and inclusive team values.
- Able to build professional partnerships with staff and managers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect
- Self-motivated and highly organized, detail-oriented
- Flexible, comfortable with deadlines and able to work well under pressure
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to analyze the situation and come up with solutions
- Ability to maintain a fair balance between seeking the interests of the staff and safeguarding the principles and integrity of the organization
- Ability to take an impartial stand on P&C issues and recommend courses of action
- Strong team player
- Demonstratable experience facilitating training sessions
- A high level of proficiency in written and oral English required
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Master’s degree in HR/business/public administration or related discipline
- HR Certification
- Knowledge and understanding of local employment standards, occupational health & safety and human rights legislation
- Strong MS office and the ability to use technology to collaborate across a global organization
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for staff recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, job design, labour relations and negotiation, and Human Resources Information Systems
- Experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS), e.g. Greenhouse, VidCruiter, Workday, etc.
- Experience with HRIS, e.g. Sage People.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.