Young Professional Officer (Innovation & Digital Agriculture) - FAONGO Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO’s goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) oversees 47 Sub-Saharan countries guided by Regional Priorities that serve as a mechanism to ensure effective delivery and to demonstrate impact of FAO’s work on the key priorities of the Region.
In its programme delivery, RAF contributes to the achievements of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, guided by Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 1 (No poverty), SDG 2 (No hunger), and SDG 10 (Reducing inequalities) as well as to supporting achievement of the broader SDG agenda, which is crucial for attaining FAO’s overall vision.
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with offices and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the African Union and Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
Digital Agriculture is one of the 20 Priority Programme Areas defined by the FAO Strategic Framework 2022-2031. It plays a critical supportive role for the Regional Initiatives and the Priority Programmes of the Regional Office for Africa. The Young Professional Officer (Innovation and Digital Agriculture) will support the implementation of the Digital Innovation Strategy of FAORAF, including the Pilot Digital Villages Initiative in Africa.
The position is located in the Regional Office for Africa in Accra, Ghana.
The Young Professional Officer (Innovation and Digital Agriculture) reports to the Regional Programme Leader, RAF.
Support FAO’s Digital Innovation Strategy by ensuring?improved use of sustainable and inclusive digital solutions aimed to deliver agriculture and food system transformation in the Africa region.
Effective technical support for the implementation of Digital Innovation Strategy of FAO/RAF, including the Pilot Digital Villages Initiative (DVI) in Africa.
- Analyses relevant technical social, economic, environmental, and technology information, data and/or statistics for input in various documents.
- Maintains records and updates databases and web pages.
- Provides technical support to various projects.
- Collaborates in the development of training tools and materials and the organization of workshops/seminars etc..
- Participates in the organization and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the production of required materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners.
- Supports the implementation of the Digital Village Initiative in the Africa region.
- Contributes to partner engagement activities with public sector, private sector and development partners to foster digital agriculture in Africa.
- Supports the preparation of analytical and knowledge products on digital agriculture in the Africa region; contributes to the development of analytical and knowledge products as well as project documents.
- Maintains records, update databases (e.g., the digital knowledge repository and the FAO digital portfolio relevant for the RAF region) and contributes to the update of project webpages.
- Participates in partner and stakeholder engagements on digital agriculture.
- Performs other related duties as required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, information technology, economics or related field.
- One year of relevant experience relating to use of digital tools in the agriculture sector.
- One year of relevant experience in digitalization, information technology projects, startup environment or management consulting.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in digital technology and innovation.
- Demonstrated familiarity and skills in digital agriculture, addressing for example: youth in agriculture, production and pro-harvest losses, advisory services, market linkages, financial services, data management, use of geospatial technologies, blockchain, artificial intelligence, drone use in agriculture, etc.
- Extent and relevance of experience with the management of online interactions is considered an asset.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is considered an asset.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.