Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
SOCODEVI contributes to improving the living conditions of communities by supporting the creation and strengthening of sustainable and inclusive cooperative or mutual companies.
- Project management/Full time
- Minimum Qualification: Accounting designation
- Experience Level: Senior Level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Location: Accra, Ghana
The TogetHER Project aims to empower women and young adults (18-30 years old) in rural cocoa-producing communities in the Ashanti and Western North regions of Ghana. Training and support will encourage collective savings, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion while contributing to the sustainable resilience of the cocoa sector and the equal distribution of economic benefits and opportunities.
This project aims to reduce gender gaps in the cocoa sector and encourage resource flows at the community level so that cocoa cooperatives can become more inclusive, foster women and youth equal and effective participation, and truly sustain their empowerment. Through this project, SOCODEVI is leading the way in transforming existing cooperatives to be more inclusive and resilient in collaboration with all levels of government of Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Reporting to the Project Director and working closely with the Contracts Manager in Canada, the Principal Coordinator and Finance Specialist is responsible for the planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of all the project’s activities and coordinates the multidisciplinary team and all the project activities on the field to achieve the expected results.
She or he is also responsible for the project’s relations with stakeholders, of representing SOCODEVI on the field and with partners and of increasing the capacities of selected stakeholders to support the competitiveness of the project model cooperative taking into consideration gender equality and climate change issues.
The Project Principal Coordinator and Finance Specialist is also responsible to support the implementation of the project annual communication in collaboration with the project Administrative Assistant and Communication Officer based in Accra and with SOCODEVI communication team at the Head Office in Canada.
This person undertakes to assume all her/his tasks and responsibilities by applying SOCODEVI's Gender Equality Policy and Environmental Policy.
- Manage the staffing, monitoring and annual assessment processes of all the project team in Ghana in collaboration with the Project Director and the local project management team;
- Create and strengthen relationships with project stakeholders (beneficiaries, partner organizations and public and private actors);
- Secure along with the Project Director the 1.5 million $ CAD co-funding from cocoa/chocolate private sector companies;
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the implementation and the monitoring of all the project activities and the work of all the project team;
- Coordinate, in collaboration with the Project Director and team, the Canadian missions and be aware of having them achieving their outcomes;
- Support and supervise, in collaboration with the Project Director, the Canadian Volunteers in achieving their mandates;
- Contributes to the drawing up of annual work plans and budgets as well as annual report;
- Feed the project Communication officer and SOCODEVI communication team with information about results, activities and successes from the project;
- Looks after project compliance with Ghanaian laws and rules and liaises with competent authorities;
- Monitor monthly financial report, treasury forecast and get approved all expenditures;
- Deal with the financial institutions and state agencies;
- Write various reports related to results?based management.
Capacity building and advisory support
- Analyze and document problems, submit solutions to the Project Director and implement solutions to enhance the project’s efficiencies and outcomes;
- Contribute to building the capacities of stakeholders selected;
- Provide, during follow?up missions in the field or by distance, consulting support to Canadian experts, project field team, stakeholders, Coop BoD and members on all aspects that may contribute positively to the development and sustainability of the project cooperative model by enhancing the understanding of the training content and the use of the management tools being implemented to improve knowledge acquisition;
- Support and advise the boards and staff of partner organizations in their activities:
- Follow?up and development of work plan and annual budget, business plan, strategic plans;
- Mobilization of members;
- Development of products and services adapted to climate change and to the needs of women and men members;
- Search for business opportunities;
- Organization of meetings;
- Production and analysis of financial statements;
- Monitoring of operations;
- Management of human resources.
- Strengthen the capacity of women and youth VSLA members to access, and use financial services by developing and providing financial literacy training;
- Develop partnerships between women and youth VSLA members and trusted financial institutions;
- Develop adapted products, services, and protocols to women and youth’s needs with trusted financial institutions.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
This position requires a strong background (at least at M.Sc.) in Management, Forestry, or Natural Resource Management with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Ghana’s cocoa sector and/or rural context.
Experience and/or familiarity with management systems, farmer training, coop management, and other data management tools and systems would be an asset.
At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in an international organization and in project results-based management.
A good understanding of the cooperative model and the laws that govern it and knowledge of accounting and procedures are necessary.
- Ability to communicate complex information in understandable and relevant terms adapted for different stakeholders, especially communities;
- Proven project coordination skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize a diverse workload within a team;
- Excellent command of English is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake fieldwork and to manage 2 regional teams located in Kumasi and Sefwi-Wiawso;
- This position carries considerable responsibility and autonomy and requires good organizational capacity, good interpersonal and networking skills, and a willingness to work as part of a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially email communication;
- Advanced computer skills (Windows, MS Office, Sharepoint).
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.