Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Kumasi : Regional Coordinator and Organizational & Enterprise Development Specialist - SocodeviAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Kumasi 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
SOCODEVI contributes to improving the living conditions of communities by supporting the creation and strengthening of sustainable and inclusive cooperative or mutual companies.
- Project management/Full time
- Experience Level: Mid Level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Location: Kumasi, Ashanti Region (1 position) & Sefwi-Wiawso, Western North region (1 position)
The TogetHER Project aims to empower women and young adults (18-30 years old) in rural cocoa-producing communities in the Ashanti and Western North regions of Ghana. Training and support will encourage collective savings, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion while contributing to the sustainable resilience of the cocoa sector and the equal distribution of economic benefits and opportunities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This project aims to reduce gender gaps in the cocoa sector and encourage resource flows at the community level so that cocoa cooperatives can become more inclusive, foster women and youth equal and effective participation, and truly sustain their empowerment. Through this project, SOCODEVI is leading the way in transforming existing cooperatives to be more inclusive and resilient in collaboration with all levels of government of Ghana.
The Regional Coordinator and Organizational & Enterprise Development Specialist are responsible for building the capacity of the partners, coordinating activities with them, and participating in the evaluation of activities to promote organizational development.
He/She is also responsible for the management of the project team, the planning of the activities, the collection of data, and the achievement of the results at the regional level.
Reporting to the Principal Coordinator and Finance Specialist and working closely with the SOCODEVI Organizational Development Department in Canada, the Regional Coordinator & OED Specialist is responsible for:
- Supervise staff involved in the project under his/her authority;
- Coordinate activities within the project team at the regional level;
- Develop annual plans, collect data, provide inputs from the region and write reports;
- Facilitate the Regional Consultative Committee meetings, write the meeting minutes and share information;
- Oversee scheduling and task assignments to ensure that all deliverables are achieved on schedule and on budget.
- Work closely with the partners to develop growth and development strategies that meet the needs of the coops;
- In collaboration with the partners, support and advise the Board of Directors and coop members in the management and governance of their business;
- Plan, organize and deliver training workshops in close collaboration with the partners on Coop Skills and/or other training topics, implement management tools and introduce innovations.
Monitoring and evaluation of organizational learning
- Regularly analyze financial data and/or market developments and present to the Project Director, the Principal Coordinator, the Regional Coordinator, the field Specialists, and the OD Specialist at head office the main findings leading to informed decision-making;
- Track the coop's performance on a monthly basis and complete PerformCoop software data;
- Assist the partners in conducting annual performance assessments with the Coop Board and to set with them the objectives to be achieved for the next year;
- Ensure that tracking systems are developed to monitor the development of the IGA and other economic support programs of the beneficiaries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Systematization of good practices
Contribute to the documentation of learning and innovations developed by SOCODEVI and its capacity-building partners.
Required Skills or Experience
- Undergraduate degree in management, administration, organizational development, business studies, or relevant field. A masters' degree would be an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the management of a team;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Organizational Development, Business Development, or in a similar role working with international organizations, NGOs, or donor-funded projects;
- Proven experience in Organizational Development, Business Development, Entrepreneurship, and Management;
- Experience in adult training (andragogy) and participatory methodologies in a rural context is an asset;
- Experience in gender mainstreaming and/or knowledge of gender equality is an asset;
- Knowledge of the cocoa sector, rural areas in Ghana;
- Knowledge of Ghanaian business and cooperatives development legal environment;
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to teamwork and supporting others;
- Creative and continually develop skills in response to changing work demands;
- Proactive and self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills;
- Advanced computer skills (Windows, MS Office, Sharepoint);
- Proficient in English.
- Capacity to mobilize staff and partners;
- Ability to plan, and experience in writing annual plans, budgets, and financial reports;
- Good understanding of collective business management;
- Good understanding of cooperative governance;
- Ability to create and track a task schedule to be performed (seasonality of actions);
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate key issues (to coop, to project coordinators, etc.);
- Ability to design and adapt capacity-building programs (training and support) and tools for management and governance;
- Ability to use the participatory approach in its animations and advice sessions;
- Ability to work within a team of local and distant colleagues;
- Ability to use Excel to present well-documented scenarios.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.