Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Administrative Assistant and Communication Officer - SocodeviAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
SOCODEVI contributes to improving the living conditions of communities by supporting the creation and strengthening of sustainable and inclusive cooperative or mutual companies.
- Administrative Assistant and Communication Officer
- Project management/Full time
- Experience Level: Mid Level
- Experience Length: 2-3 years
- Location: Accra, Ghana
The TogetHER Project aims to empower women and young adults (18-30 years old) in rural cocoa-producing communities in the Ashanti and Western North regions of Ghana. Training and support will encourage collective savings, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion, while contributing to the sustainable resilience of the cocoa sector and the equal distribution of economic benefits and opportunities.
This project aims to reduce gender gaps in the cocoa sector and encouraging resource flows at the community level, so that cocoa cooperatives can become more inclusive, foster women and youth equal and effective participation and truly sustain their empowerment. Through this project, SOCODEVI is leading the way in transforming existing cooperatives to be more inclusive and resilient in collaboration with all levels of government of Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager and working closely with the SOCODEVI Accountant and the Communication Department in Canada, the Administrative Assistant and Communication Officer is responsible for supporting the application of SOCODEVI's and the donor's administrative and financial standards, policies and procedures. The duties and main functions of the Administrative Assistant and Communication Officer include but not limited to :
- Assist in general administration of the SOCODEVI-TogetHER project national office, including finance administration and arranging key meetings and activities;
- Play a key role in organizing content for the SOCODEVI newsletter and other communication channels such as blogs and social media;
- Provide support in producing SOCODEVI surveys and reports.
- Organize content for the SOCODEVI-TogetHER project’s newsletter, including collating articles and writing content;
- Help to maintain the SOCODEVI website and social media channels at the national level, updating web pages and arranging and sending social media content;
- Provide information on activities to the Communication Department at HQ.
Office and financial support
- Provide financial & administrative support for SOCODEVI’s project offices;
- Provide support for arranging national meetings of SOCODEVI, including arranging meetings, attendees, and travel requirements where necessary;
- Events administration, including managing registrations and collection of invoices from vendors.
Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required.
Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first degree in finance and accounting, business administration, communications, or social sciences;
- At least 2 to 3 years in a similar role working with international organizations, NGOs or donor funded projects;
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to teamwork and supporting others to action organization objectives and continually develop skills in response to changing work demands;
- Proactive and self-motivated individual with excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage your own time;
- Advanced computer skills (Windows, MS Office, Sharepoint);
- Knowledge of Ghanaian legal and tax environment;
- Proficient in English.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Person specification Essential criteria Expertise / competence / skills
- Excellent human relationship skills (face-to-face, by email and on the phone).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain excellent records, including using technology and databases.
- Ability to work across a range of work tasks, managing multiple tasks to deadlines and prioritizing your own workload.
- IT literate to a high standard, including MS Office packages and using bespoke systems (with training).
- Excellent attention to detail and numeric skills.
- Ability to implement and follow administrative procedures in a thorough and rigorous manner.
- Good interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Experience producing blogs or written content for newsletters.
- Experience working in NGOs and donor-funded projects in an administrative capacity.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.