NGO Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Program & Volunteer Support Fellow (Volunteer Role) - Youth Challenge InternationalNGO Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Youth Challenge International is a leading youth development organization that has programs in East and West Africa, and South and Central America. Our programs focus on three integrated sectors supporting youth health, youth livelihoods and youth leadership. YCI works with local partners and youth as well as volunteers to implement local programs.YCI has been operational in Ghana since 2006.
- Volunteer Placement Duration: September 2022– March 2023
- Time Commitment: 37.5 hours/week
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
Contribute to the success of Youth Challenge International’s HerStart Innovate the Future program by flexing your communications, facilitation, and volunteer coordination skills. Collaborate on the design and delivery of innovative trainings, evaluations, and resources for the local HerStart social entrepreneurship programs and the global HerStart Fellowship programs.
This is an opportunity to strengthen your CV with practical project coordination, research, facilitation, and public engagement experience. In the process, learn about women’s empowerment, climate action and social entrepreneurship – pivotal frameworks that are shaping the future of work and social impact globally.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively engage in and complete orientation training modules on critical topics including social entrepreneurship, climate action and gender equality
- Support the team in designing, editing, and testing training, platforms and resources for the fellowship and social entrepreneurship programs
- Support with the outreach, recruitment, and ongoing mentorship of participants
- Help to facilitate organizational learning and capacity-strengthening engagements with Canadian fellows for local partners and staff
- Develop and promote communications materials and success stories, including internal newsletters, social media content and the HerStory Podcast series
- Assist the Knowledge and Learning Manager with adaptation and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and analysis/reporting of data, including entrepreneurship training surveys
- In collaboration with staff and partners, support Canadian fellows through onboarding, in-country orientation, deliverable planning, translation needs and ongoing support towards successful integration into the country and a meaningful volunteer placement
- Assist partners and staff with the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the HerStart Catalyst Fund
- Provide additional support and mentorship to entrepreneurs in the HerStart training programs, as needed
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Benefits of a Fellowship
- Contribute to women’s economic empowerment: Connect and collaborate with young women, communities, and global partners, meaningfully contributing your time to help grow the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Ghana, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Amplify your personal and professional growth: Participate in unique opportunities to boost your CV and build transferable skills, such as effective cross-cultural communication, MEL, volunteer coordination, training facilitation, and more.
- Access high-quality training and resources: Receive specialized training and resources from our global partners who are subject matter experts in their fields, including gender equality, social enterprise, and climate action.
- Be part of an international network: Connect with like-minded, passionate staff, partner organizations and youth from around the globe. Joining this network will include first access to future YCI opportunities, domestically and internationally.
- Receive a Daily Stipend: A small stipend will be received by the National Fellow to cover the costs of transportation and lunch for each day completed in the office.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma/First Degree qualifications
- Previous knowledge and experience in volunteer or youth engagement
- Experience in mentorship, outreach, and community building
- Experience in facilitating, training, developing educational resources, and designing communications materials
- Knowledge and skills in monitoring and evaluation and/or research
- Passion for learning, facilitation and supporting the knowledge and skill development of others from diverse backgrounds
- Strong communication and design skills with high attention to detail
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of diverse platforms and interest in learning new ones (including Canva, Slack, Airtable and Mighty Networks)
- Strong organization, teamwork, and time management skills in virtual settings
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and take initiative
- Ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes openness to differing opinions and views.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Must be currently living in Tamale and able to commute to the YCI office
- Ability to commit to full-time, 6-month placement
- Professional level English skills (written and verbal)
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or have the equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated interest in the fields of international cooperation, gender equality and/or social entrepreneurship
- Flexibility in schedule (able to attend training and meetings, sometimes coordinated across different time zones)
- Proficiency in standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Note: Individuals of all demographics, academic and professional backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply, particularly women.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.