Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. To meet the needs of our rapidly expanding portfolio in Ghana, we seek a qualified candidate for the following position.
Introduction and Background
Associate IT Officer provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the first line of support for the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity and remote access. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
He /She works with the IT Officer or IT Manager, Regional IT Manager, US Int’l Operations team to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades, and routine tasks.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handles basic support of hardware, software, applications and operating systems, network printers and scanners, technical consultation, and networking.
- Serves as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks.
- May lead small projects to build project management/delivery capacity
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Plan and implement scheduled maintenance upgrades and software upgrades when necessary
- Provides desktop/user support
- Provide IT user training and documentation
- Ensures the weekly update of the Bitdefender anti-virus of servers and clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Manages IT incidents/requests and escalates them to the IT Officer or IT Manager as necessary
- Demonstrates ownership of customer issues and independently seeks solutions.
Required Skills or Experience
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related areas is required.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of one year of relevant, progressively responsible work experience in supporting the Information Technology function in medium or large organizations.
Languages: Proficiency in spoken and written English
Competencies: The incumbent must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge and experience with incident management and operations services tools and systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite 2013, 2016, Windows 7 & 10, Office 365, Exchange 2013, Exchange Online, Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco routers/switches and other networking devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
- A willingness to increase knowledge and update skills as required.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.