Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a non profit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
The USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity (MSR) is a five-year, $35.9M follow-on project to USAID/Ghana ADVANCE II. MSR will leverage over a decade of experience linking smallholders to markets, inputs, and services in Ghana.
The project will strengthen commercial relationships between market actors, improve the rural entrepreneurship ecosystem to enable greater market participation, particularly for women and youth, expand the availability of agribusiness services, and link targeted policy initiatives to improved local economic governance. These activities will result in competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets, thus increasing inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in northern Ghana.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the Junior Accountant position. The position will be based in Tamale and reports to the Senior Accountant, as well as works in close collaboration with the Director of Finance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Junior Accountant is responsible for maintaining vendor accounts and processing procurement requests for goods and services of the field office and supporting policies & procedures. Coordinates with the accountant in HQ office to ensure that the field office’s financial and administrative matters are executed correctly and efficiently.
1. Maintains the financial records of the field office including day-to-day field office operating expenditures, financial and accounting transactions, and bank accounts. Ensures correct and timely payments to vendors, landlords and service providers:
- Responsible for daily accounts payable activities, ensuring vendors are paid on time and their accounts reconciled in monthly basis.
- Receives, verifies and posts expense reports and other financial reports with account balances.
- Ensuring financial records at the field office under his/her authority are accurate and recorded in timely manner, for any discrepancies, immediately communicate and resolve.
- Assembles vouchers and process checks/wire transfers for payments. Ensures all supporting documentation are accurate and consistent per organization policy.
- Assisting in the preparation and processing of month/quarterly/year-end close, including general ledger accounts reconciliation, journal entries posting and submit package to HO.
- Reconcile all bank and cash accounts in monthly basis in absence of Senior Accountant.
- Assisting in preparation of FO Audits, prepare and provide all supporting data requested by Internal and/or External Auditors.
- Reviewing petty cash transactions and record, ensuring all supporting documents and approvals are accurate per FO Accounting policy.
- Performs general banking duties like deposits.
- Review and process staff travel expenses, ensuring transactions are coded to the right GL accounts with sufficient supporting documents, in compliance with travel policies.
- Coordinate with Program Team, to support program activities expenses, such as per diem payments to trainees, training/workshop participants and facilitators.
- Responsible to scan and upload weekly transactions to SharePoint and assisting Snr. Accountant to upload month-end package onto SharePoint.
- Assist in regular preparation of VAT claims for submission to the donor. Assists in preparing statutory monthly and annual tax return reports for local tax authorities.
2. Assists in the preparation of regular and ad hoc financial documents and reports as requested.
- Assists with preparation of project budgets, financial tracking sheets, summaries and other financial documents.
- Assists with the preparation of financial information for the Quarterly and Annual reports as required.
3. Ensures that proper accounting and internal controls are maintained
- Maintains an audit-ready, well-organized filing system for financial reports and accounting documents.
- Maintains proper internal controls over the receipt, disbursement, and management of all financial resources.
- Identifies issues and risks in a timely manner and discusses proposed changes with supervisors.
- Ensures that all accounting documents such as check booklets, requisition, official receipts, stamps, local purchase order are secure.
- Keeps confidential all financial and sensitive information.
- Maintains effective systematic physical filing of accounting documents to facilitate easy access and retrieval.
- Participates in regular Finance staff meetings and other Finance conferences, workshops and meetings as assigned.
- Ensures adherence to Standards of Conduct, policy manual, and other corporate and applicable policies, procedures, and schedules.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related qualification from an accredited institution. Other recognized professional qualifications such as ACCA, ICSA, CIMA, CPA, EC are an added advantage.
- Minimum three years of progressive experience in a finance office setup with a minimum of two years in an international non-governmental organization. Experience with donor project procedures, policies and compliance requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of either International Accounting Standards (IAS), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), or US accounting standards (GAAP).
- Working knowledge of USG regulations 2 CFR 200 and/or Sub grant Management.
- General knowledge of applicable tax laws in the country. Ability to interpret governmental regulations.
- Advanced working knowledge in Excel; with proficiency in Word and accounting software. QuickBooks' practical knowledge is an added advantage.
- Good analytical skills, including the ability to gather and analyze information and develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with others on varied and occasionally complex issues.
- Good writing skills in order to effectively develop, compile, and present information.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and tact while protecting confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills as necessary to work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English, written and oral.
- Ability to travel as required.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.